Discuss Covid jab in the Electricians Chat - Off Topic Chat area at ElectriciansForums.net

Pete999

-
Esteemed
Arms
Reaction score
Just info really for those that are undecided, had my first Covid jab yesterday, the line of patients went twice around the surgery estimate >500 waiting and this was 09:00 when I got there, nice Lady Doctor and Nursey though, no tea and biccies, feel OK today.

My Mrs had her first one a couple of weeks ago (she’s an ICU nurse) and seems fine, she’s had no side effects at all.

She still has to test herself at home a couple of times a week and record the results to make sure all is good though.

They're only doing the vaccine in hospitals and super centres where I am.
Pre booked 10 minute intervals so hopefully the wait won't be too long and will be inside.
They were doing only over 80's plus others at risk but over the weekend have dropped to over 75's as not enough over 80's were booking or maybe have asked for home visits.
I'm 70 in April but looking at the predictions I'll get done before then.

They're only doing the vaccine in hospitals and super centres where I am.
Pre booked 10 minute intervals so hopefully the wait won't be too long and will be inside.
They were doing only over 80's plus others at risk but over the weekend have dropped to over 75's as not enough over 80's were booking or maybe have asked for home visits.
I'm 70 in April but looking at the predictions I'll get done before then.
Apparently they , the NHS contact you informing you of the appointment dates

ust info really for those that are undecided, had my first Covid jab yesterday, the line of patients went twice around the surgery estimate >500 waiting and this was 09:00 when I got there, nice Lady Doctor and Nursey with a rhino guns though, no tea and biccies, feel OK today, after i came round after the antidote .lol.
I hope you are ok Pete . lol.

Three of my (older) friends were queuing outside my local pub for take away meals last night (the same pub as I'm currently being villified for helping out in another thread), when they each received a phone call inviting them in to the local vaccination center immediately for the jab.
It was the end of the day and there was a number of doses left over because of no shows.
They told the pub to keep their meals hot, and off they went.

I've had my first Covid jab (Pfizer) last December, cos I work in a Care Home. I didn't have any side affects, however a couple did. One lady face swelled up so bad she had to go into hospital, and another got sepsis (allegedly) from the jab.

The remaining staff got the Oxford jab last week. Again a couple of reactions, one felt unwell soon after with a high fever & saw arm, and a couple more with saw arms, I mean saw, as in they couldn't move their arms.

Was due to get my second jab in January, but that has been deferred, as we now know.

But put into prospective, these reactions to the jab; there was a guy at my local wholesalers who tested positive, got unwell, then seem to recover. A week or so later, his Mum couldn't get hold of him, so she went round and find sat on his bed struggling to breath. He died later in hospital, funeral was on Saturday. He was a big lad in more ways than some. I know he's just one of many many thousands.

Oxford United superfan dies from Covid aged 38 | Oxford Mail

So if your offered the jab, I would take the small risk and have it.

I lost my job 2 months ago because of my back problems, anyway was in and out of peoples house's 6 to 10 times a day, I'm glad I don't have that worry now as skint as I am.

Took my in-laws into Guildford on Friday for the Pfizer jab. Relatively short wait and appeared to be a well oiled machine. Little in the way of side effects other that a slightly sore arm for the mother in-law. Hope they bring down the time for the second jab in line to what Pfizer recommends as won't be happy if the initial jabs turn out to be a waste of time.

Reply to Covid jab in the Electricians Chat - Off Topic Chat area at ElectriciansForums.net