Discuss COVID Update: Emergency Work is Okay; Sitework is Okay 2 meters apart, Work in customers homes in general unless emergency is a NOGO. in the Electricians Chat - Off Topic Chat area at ElectriciansForums.net

Dan

Staff member
Admin
Mod
Reaction score
COVID Update: Emergency Work is Okay; Sitework is Okay 2 meters apart, Work in customers homes in general unless emergency is a NOGO.

I'm trying to find the video and or article where PM questions were extended.

Kids who live with parents at two seperate homes can still go to both homes. That's a good one I needed to know that.

COVID Update: Emergency Work is Okay; Sitework is Okay 2 meters apart, Work in customers homes in general unless emergency is a NOGO.

I'm trying to find the video and or article where PM questions were extended.

Kids who live with parents at two seperate homes can still go to both homes. That's a good one I needed to know that.
So after squeezing onto the tube because that wonderful mayor of London has cut all the services because everyone now can work from home with modern technology, not sure how to thread a bundle of conduit via an email.
So now we have got to site, we getting changed into our PPE in a tiny locker room then off to the canteen which only has a couple of kettles & microwave which has been handled by everyone else on site.
Then you have to fined a seat to drink your tea that is 2m away from someone else.
Or you can go round someones house while they are in the other room, do your job & go.
It might save lives by social distancing but what about all the trade people dropping dead because they have starved to death because they are not earning any money.

So after squeezing onto the tube because that wonderful mayor of London has cut all the services because everyone now can work from home with modern technology, not sure how to thread a bundle of conduit via an email.
So now we have got to site, we getting changed into our PPE in a tiny locker room then off to the canteen which only has a couple of kettles & microwave which has been handled by everyone else on site.
Then you have to fined a seat to drink your tea that is 2m away from someone else.
Or you can go round someones house while they are in the other room, do your job & go.
It might save lives by social distancing but what about all the trade people dropping dead because they have starved to death because they are not earning any money.
I completely understand and sympathise with your situation....but there is no way I’d have got on that tube....

Someone else’s house, that they’ve been coughing in all night, and maybe not as clean as you’re like to see.
Safest to just stay at home, as advised.
If I was working on a big site, I wouldn’t be going in if the tube was the only option.

Assume everybody has the virus and is contagious....or pretend you are.
What would you do? Stay at home and away from everyone else

Over the last 15 years the Primary Contractors on all sites have continuously hammered home the point of RAMS, to be strictly adhered to. How the large sites with many hundreds of operatives can expect to adhere to the 2m rule and operate safely is beyond me, and yet as far as I know only Taylor Woodrow have made the decision to close their sites. If there is one thing that should have sunk in now is that without the social separation this disaster which is facing all of us will only get worse.

More fool you for even going to work. Follow the advice and stay at home or this virus will take out more and more people.

More fool you for even going to work. Follow the advice and stay at home or this virus will take out more and more people.
I agree mate the point of my post is that the Primary Contractors are keeping these sites open although they know the risks. I'm not working I was in the garden this afternoon sitting in the sun. Stay safe..

Over the last 15 years the Primary Contractors on all sites have continuously hammered home the point of RAMS, to be strictly adhered to. How the large sites with many hundreds of operatives can expect to adhere to the 2m rule and operate safely is beyond me, and yet as far as I know only Taylor Woodrow have made the decision to close their sites. If there is one thing that should have sunk in now is that without the social separation this disaster which is facing all of us will only get worse.
At the end of the day it comes down to money, if the job don't get done they can't rent out the office or sell the flat.
Remember we are just grotty builders & not important & have to squeeze onto the tube in this crisis because that idiot of a mayor has cut the services to one every 20 minutes.
If we don't go to work we die of starvation, if we go to work we catch Covid 19.
Get a trade they said, you will never be out of work.

At the end of the day it comes down to money, if the job don't get done they can't rent out the office or sell the flat.
Remember we are just grotty builders & not important & have to squeeze onto the tube in this crisis because that idiot of a mayor has cut the services to one every 20 minutes.
If we don't go to work we die of starvation, if we go to work we catch Covid 19.
They are not going to be able to sell or rent anything for the next 3 or 4 months, however the point that the goverment are trying to get over is that the 2m spacing rule is there to stop the spread of it to the more vunerable members of society.

You will not die of starvation.
the govt are working on some form of benefit for all workers... whether it’s viewed as fair or not, you will get some money, which you can spend on food

Sickening really that these large companies are willing to exploit and risk people’s health rather than shut down isn’t it....pound to a pinch of s&@t there’s no senior management any where near the place!

My mate took today off but has been told he must go back to work tomorrow because of liquidated damages on the job.
Even if we are in this crisis, some ----er will use it to wiggle out of paying.

I would love to see or read that guidance
They are not going to issue a guidance note or any other official written publication when things change on a daily basis.
I think it’s more what is being said or articles in trade mags repeating and trying to clarify what’s been said.

ive read a few articles now and it seems pretty clear don’t go to work in peoples homes unless it’s a emergency call out.

If it’s site work use a common sense to social distancing and hygiene.

we all hopefully have common sense, do we really need it spoon fed to us?Actually the answer to that last question is probably yes a lot of us do!

Sickening really that these large companies are willing to exploit and risk people’s health rather than shut down isn’t it....pound to a pinch of s&@t there’s no senior management any where near the place!
Probably the 20 year old with no site experience, straight out of college is running the site.
Sorry they already do....

Absolute nonsense. The tubes are only rammed because people aren’t listening and following the advise given. If the grotty builders stayed at home then there would be plenty of space for key workers. The sooner the police have the powers to enforce the latest government instructions the better, it might stop people going out if they get hit with a few fines. The seriousness of this outbreak has really been highlighted with the excel centre being turned into a 4000 bed hospital.

I think saying we will die of starvation is a bit silly.

I think we just have to 'take a hit' in life sometimes.

I'll lose lots of money but as long as me and my family remain safe I shall be content.

Every day I get to walk into the woods and play silly games with my boy which I never did when I was working all the time. Only once a day I may add :) .

Apparently today they have changed it so you should work! (money is more important than lives).

Yesterday -
IMG-20200324-WA0006.jpg

Today-
IMG-20200324-WA0007.jpg

Even the BBC Questions & answers on the 10pm news stated even a decorator should work!

Go figure

just watched Piers Morgan sitting in the studio, arguing with everone who disagrees with him, pontificating that all non-essential workers should stay at home. so why are you at work, Piers.? you're not essential, so practice what you preach and stay at home.

Reply to COVID Update: Emergency Work is Okay; Sitework is Okay 2 meters apart, Work in customers homes in general unless emergency is a NOGO. in the Electricians Chat - Off Topic Chat area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock