Discuss Cowboy builders in the Australia area at ElectriciansForums.net

Am I remembering incorrectly, or did the sparky say something along the lines of "Part P says this has to be at least 600mm from the sink"?

Yep i saw it . He said it has to be 50 or 60 cm from the sink !

Also said something about all the pipes and sink could become live, but didn't show him looking to see if there was any bonding.

Mind the work outside looked pretty crap as the hole hadn't been sealed and the cable appeared to go straight into the light, so that water could run straight in.

Did the part P guy also say the cable should have been covered though?

yes the part p the guy stated that it should be between 50and 60cm and then banged on about that if the live wire was to to short out on the copper pipe it would be fatal,, didnt mention that the t & e had two layers of insulation so this was very unlikely, and didnt mention that the bonding and rcd would save you..

i did laugh thou that he used an old box from an old job with an hole in it,,

Yep i saw it . He said it has to be 50 or 60 cm from the sink !

Also said something about all the pipes and sink could become live, but didn't show him looking to see if there was any bonding.

Mind the work outside looked pretty crap as the hole hadn't been sealed and the cable appeared to go straight into the light, so that water could run straight in.

Did the part P guy also say the cable should have been covered though?

yes i think he was hopeing to get a copex into the back of the lights lol

what they did not show was if the light actually worked???

what's wrong with T&E into a light, long as a drip loop and seal are adequate for job!! mind you i much prefer rubber flex sits in the gland nice and tight

wonder if he sized the light correctly with a 3amp fuse!

noticed no mention of NIC / Elecsa / Napit... Just part P!! least its a step in right direction..! 50-60cm from sink! washing dishes and then dying for turning ya light on! :eek:

does it matter how far it is away from sink if you turn lights on with wet hands!!???

oh nice shot of Mel Messengers buttock!! :D:D:D

i think i should rip all my light fittings and sockets off so i can get melinda round to my place to sort me out. i mean sort the electrics out:rolleyes:

Last year I was fuming after an episode of rouge traders, they were discussing electrical installations and there “expert” said you should always use a spark from the NIC.

My misses had thought id gone mad as a jump up swearing at the TV.

I found the names of the producers (both women) and written to both of them. It started off well, stating that I could well lose a lot of business if all my clients started saying “we are only going to use NIC sparks”:(

But sadly by the end of the letter I had lost my temper and was ranting about them being bra burners and had they been screwed by a trades man in the past.:mad:

Fair play to the complaints , they written back with an apology and didn’t mention my rant.:D

I have decided not to watch them any more, after last weeks expert was plastering over wall paper!!! My blood pressure is getting worse!

Last year I was fuming after an episode of rouge traders, they were discussing electrical installations and there “expert” said you should always use a spark from the NIC.
very good advice, but then i am nic :p

i liked the episode of diy sos when billy, also nic said everybody knows cables only ever run north to south :eek:

I wonder if the expert is a member of this forum?

I would be nervous about posting anything stupid on this forum let alone going on national TV.

Last edited by a moderator:

Reply to Cowboy builders in the Australia area at ElectriciansForums.net