Discuss Crabtree 50a pullswitch...chrome in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

robd

-
Arms
Reaction score
Afternoon all, I'm after a 50a pullswitch, crabtree in chrome. I know they used to make them but not sure if they still do or if there are any kicking around anywhere. Actually want one for my bathroom, don't suppose anyone on here has seen any lately?

tried recently for one. no luck. could always glue some kitchen foil on it. :mad:

Just been through catalogue and can't see it. Found it on Amazon but no longer in stock. Only Chance is maybe someone has one laying about.

or could alter the isolator to a wall mounted one outside the room. plenty of choice in chrome there.

Thanks lads, no I've got Strammit walls so was hoping to get a chrome one to tuck up the corner near the shower, had the walls all plastered and finished now so don't want to be messing about with the strammit again-when I did the light switch it was like an exploded rabbit hutch in my bathroom :D

ah, back to the 17th century, then. long drill down the middle. easypeasy.

Yes Tel did that for the switch but then you have to cut the box out. It's condensed straw when I cut the switch box out I multi tooled then raked the straw out for about half an hour then swept up then hovered and that was before plastering and decorating the room, realistically you'd never do it now without making a mess. I think I'd get banned from my own house if I attempted it, the bathroom already took me a year to complete!

I remember these walls wiring houses up for Bloor Homes as said compact straw had to cut out with Stanly Knife for switch/socket where the holes were, place like a rabbits hutch after that painted with green paint stuff then had to mix up this fishy glue to fix them in with.If you have now alternative than to put switch in wall you should be able to locate the holes on top of wall in loft.

Best bet would be to keep an eye on eBay for someone having a clear out.

Have made alterations in a house with straw walls before, never again!

Agree with Andy78 - why draw attention to a pull switch. Would look much neater in white. Daz

Reply to Crabtree 50a pullswitch...chrome in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net