Discuss Crawlspace wiring advice in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Reaction score
Hello Everyone,

I was wanting some input on a wiring situation in a crawlspace.

This is a conditioned crawlspace with a vapor barrier, foam insulation on cement foundation walls that turn into a framed pony wall.

We have a ground-rated wire that comes up from the ground and needs to be attached up the insulated concrete wall to a junction box on the pony wall.
This wire is coming from our septic system to wire the pump floats to the septic panel, but the excavator ran the wire into the crawlspace and immediately cut it. I just need to get it to the junction box to splice and extend it out the pony wall into the septic panel. There is no power to the circuit yet.

Do you all think I should:
1. Use a 2x4 stud to secure the wire and junction box?
2. Run the ground-rated wire in conduit up the wall into the junction box?

I attached a picture, excuse the pvc plumbing in the way.

Attachments

• 20210502_195327.jpg
    287.2 KB · Views: 14
Hello Everyone,

I was wanting some input on a wiring situation in a crawlspace.

This is a conditioned crawlspace with a vapor barrier, foam insulation on cement foundation walls that turn into a framed pony wall.

We have a ground-rated wire that comes up from the ground and needs to be attached up the insulated concrete wall to a junction box on the pony wall.
This wire is coming from our septic system to wire the pump floats to the septic panel, but the excavator ran the wire into the crawlspace and immediately cut it. I just need to get it to the junction box to splice and extend it out the pony wall into the septic panel. There is no power to the circuit yet.

Do you all think I should:
1. Use a 2x4 stud to secure the wire and junction box?
2. Run the ground-rated wire in conduit up the wall into the junction box?

I attached a picture, excuse the pvc plumbing in the way.
You just need another junction box and install it where the wires for the floats reach it and run a new cable from the control panel to the junction box. Make sure that the circuit is GFCI protected

You just need another junction box and install it where the wires for the floats reach it and run a new cable from the control panel to the junction box. Make sure that the circuit is GFCI protected

Thanks!

My question is more about running that cable up a crawlspace wall to the junction box. Would a 2x4 running board be adequate to secure the wire to the junction box? Instead of conduit?

you can't fix anything to that insulation. a piece of timber secured to solid base with the cable/s clipped or cleated to, or some galv. tray would be my solution.

Thanks!

My question is more about running that cable up a crawlspace wall to the junction box. Would a 2x4 running board be adequate to secure the wire to the junction box? Instead of conduit?
I’m going to assume that you are using Romex cable. It is fine to install it in your crawl space but it he’s to be stapled every 4 1/2 feet. Secure it to the floor joist. It needs to be sleeved with PVC conduit from your panel to get it in your crawl space

Reply to Crawlspace wiring advice in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net