Discuss crazy voltage in the Australia area at ElectriciansForums.net

B

bethelec

testing sockets in a school classroom (new installation) and had a reading of 196volts. Went back an hour or so later and had 240 volts. Tested another circuit which was on the same phase and had 196 volts again. All phases to earth and neutral read 245v and fuse board. All I can think is a possible loose connection on the supply busbar. Could anyone else shed a bit of an idea. Thanks

as you say, sounds like the fault is on or around busbar, but also could be on the incomer of the affected phase, even on it.s cut-out fuse or meter tails.

this could be a loose connection but being a sub station worker, i think the origin of this problem could be the local sub station. there was probably a surge in demand and the transfomer at the sub station didnt tap into the widdings to increase the voltage.

Reply to crazy voltage in the Australia area at ElectriciansForums.net

Similar Threads

Hi! Some help would be appreciated! I've just moved into new house, wanting to check insulation resestance etc as getting some nuisance...
Replies
Views
Hello All and happy new year. Over the holiay I have changed all of my old sockets to some nice new ones and added a couple with usb sockets for...
Replies
Views
Hi all.. Bit of a nightmare afternoon,, testing a caravan park TP&N panel board IR testing while board isolated before returning power (merlin...
Replies
Views
Hi everyone :) my first post here. Quick background I'm a newly qualified installer of somewhat advanced years whose just starting out in the...
Replies
Views
Hi everyone. The owner of the business I work for along with myself have created a DIY inverter setup that is giving us some issues. We bought...
Replies
Views

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock