• IMPORTANT: Please note that nobody on this forum should be seeking from or providing advice to those who are not competent and / or trained and qualified in their field (local laws permitting). There is a discussion thread on this global industry-wide matter HERE. This also has more information about the warning with regards to sharing electrical advice in some countries. By using this forum you do so in agreement to this.
Test Meter - Forum Sponsors since 2007!
This official sponsor may provide discounts for members

Discuss Creating a dual/double ended cord for two hanging lights in the American Professional Electrical Advice Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

I have two beautiful hanging lights and need to install them in new house. They have pull cord sockets but the cords are now to short. We have replaced the cords before, so that is not a problem but I would like to wire both cords into one electrical plug, like this: Collections Etc Double Ended Extension Cord, White - - Amazon.com - https://www.amazon.com/Collections-Etc-Double-Ended-Extension/dp/B019SMYW4K . I'd buy this cord and use that, but the wire looks cheesy for a hanging light.

Think I will buy two lengths of color cord .. DIY Fabric Wire by the Foot - White (Cotton Blend) - https://www.colorcord.com/collections/wire-by-color/products/diy-fabric-wire-by-the-foot-white-cotton-blend?variant=12363341135974
and try and wire them into 1 plug. Any advice on how to do this?

Thanks

Aico 3000 Range

Lucien Nunes

-
Mentor
Arms
Esteemed
You are in the US, (NC), yes? I would strongly recommend using a good quality UL-listed twofer, rather than connecting both cords to one plug. In some aspects of electrical work it is a code violation to connect two cables to a terminal intended only for one. Perhaps this thread should move to the US section?

Megawatt

-
Arms
Advent Win
I have two beautiful hanging lights and need to install them in new house. They have pull cord sockets but the cords are now to short. We have replaced the cords before, so that is not a problem but I would like to wire both cords into one electrical plug, like this: Collections Etc Double Ended Extension Cord, White - - Amazon.com - https://www.amazon.com/Collections-Etc-Double-Ended-Extension/dp/B019SMYW4K . I'd buy this cord and use that, but the wire looks cheesy for a hanging light.

Think I will buy two lengths of color cord .. DIY Fabric Wire by the Foot - White (Cotton Blend) - https://www.colorcord.com/collections/wire-by-color/products/diy-fabric-wire-by-the-foot-white-cotton-blend?variant=12363341135974
and try and wire them into 1 plug. Any advice on how to do this?

Thanks
Sailriggs the just a drop cord hire an electrician and he can have the boxes set with the wire in it. That would be you bet option good luck

Lucien Nunes

-
Mentor
Arms
Esteemed
Is a 'twofer' a thing?
Yes, although it's more a US theatre electrician's slang term than in general use. It slipped off my tongue because I'm used to talking about US electrics in an entertainment lighting context but I should really have said adaptor.

DPG

-
Arms
Esteemed
Advent Win
Yes, although it's more a US theatre electrician's slang term than in general use. It slipped off my tongue because I'm used to talking about US electrics in an entertainment lighting context but I should really have said adaptor.
I like that, I may use it.

Reply to Creating a dual/double ended cord for two hanging lights in the American Professional Electrical Advice Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Aico Carbon Monoxide Detectors

Select the ways in which you gain online business

• MyBuilder.com

• Federation of Master Builders

• CheckaTrade.com

• RatedPeople.com

• TrustaTrader.com

• Which? (TrustedTraders.Which.co.uk)

• MyJobQuote.co.uk

• Yell.com

• Google Paid Advertising

• Own Website with Natural Ranking (SEO'd website)

• Social Media (Facebook Twitter Instagram etc)

• Word of Mouth Only for me

Results are only viewable after voting.
Bulk Workwear - Clothing Suppliers for the Whole Forum Network
Top Bottom