Discuss Creda Advantage 550C No Power? in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

mrmooli

DIY
Reaction score
Evening Guys,

A little bit of advice if that's ok,

We have a Creda Advantage 550C model shower was working fine earlier today, gone to use it this evening and its just not working. there is power to the breaker (pull cord) but when i press the buttons they click but nothing?? I know its not much to go on but when I used it earlier it was fine and didnt show any signs of it starting to go..historically I had them go too hot, no heat etc...

I looked in the manual but it basically said it could be solenoid, PCB or the microswitches....helpful

I was wondering if anyone had experienced this with this model maybe a common fault?

Thanks

John

being careful, with thew shower cover off. check the voltage at the shower when it's on. a drop from 240V indicates a bad connection somewhere. suspect isolation switch and/or it's terminations, esp. if it's a pull cord.

being careful, with thew shower cover off. check the voltage at the shower when it's on. a drop from 240V indicates a bad connection somewhere. suspect isolation switch and/or it's terminations, esp. if it's a pull cord.
Sorry this may sound stupid but Im not an electrician.... Do you mean it could be the pull cord that might be the problem rather than the actual shower??

John

it could be. think you might be best getting a local spark to check, as and when you can get one. you could end up paying for a new shower when it could be something else.

Does the pull cord switch have a neon indicator and is it on. Does the shower itself have any mains indication light.

Thank you, its never turned off the pull switch..truth be told...do they tend to fail after a while?
@westward10 it does have the neon indicator lit up, the shower itself doesn't have a mains indicator light only 4 buttons with lights above and they light up when you press which power you want if that makes sense..the off button flashes when you turn it off..but no mains indicator.

Thank you, its never turned off the pull switch..truth be told...do they tend to fail after a while?
@westward10 it does have the neon indicator lit up, the shower itself doesn't have a mains indicator light only 4 buttons with lights above and they light up when you press which power you want if that makes sense..the off button flashes when you turn it off..but no mains indicator.
even if the pull cord is not switched off (it should not be used as a switch anyway, it's an isolator) there could be a problem with poor contacts or a poor termination of 1 or more cables in it. it runs close to it's rated limit and they have been known to fail. with the MCB for the circuit OFF, you could open it and inspect for burnt wires/terminals etc. under no load conditions, everything could seem oK at the shower, but as soon as you load it with somewhere neare 40A, any slight fault would manifest itself.

Reply to Creda Advantage 550C No Power? in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net