Discuss Criminal Record in the Electricians Chat - Off Topic Chat area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

B

Bane

Have you guys ever heard the term, 'Spent Convictions'?

In a nutshell, you have a record for, theft, let's say and you go to jail for 6months.

You now have a criminal record and this stays 'on' you for 7years. Now, if you stay out of trouble for these 7years, your conviction is now seen as spent (though you still have a criminal record).

Now, what I want to know is, would you have to declare this on a job application?

I know certain jobs (with prisons, schools, government bodies etc) are exempt and ALL convictions must be declared.

Once the conviction is spent, you do not have to declare it unless you are applying for certain positions IE nurse, teacher, doctor.

The time scale for the conviction to be spent varies upon the offenses and the sentence/fine imposed.

Certain convictions cannot be spent.

For more info look here.
Rehabilitation of Offenders Act 1974

Mrs Doctor (probation officer)

Have put Mr Doctor to work in the garden Ha Ha Ha

Have also taken 4 pheasents out of the freezer to try your recipie. (cant believe he told you about the road kill)

Last edited by a moderator:
Cheers Dr.Spark!!!

Shall check that out now!

(Did you see the pheasant recipe I put up for you?)

So what did you do anyhow, Bane? :p

I couldn't possibly comment mdshunk ;)

It didn't involve animals, women (young or old), children, ---- nor genitalia.

That's all that matters.

Oh Goodness! You've hacked into his account!!!

Nice to meet you :)

Hope you like the recipe and yes, he does tell us some funny stories which usually end in him being beaten by you. :)

No, he left the computer on whilst he is outside gardening. I have been looking through his posts on here and well as far as i can see he has described me as a drunk husband beater, well two can play at that,

Has he told you about the time he got arrested for jumping off the local bridge naked into the harbor while as drunk as a skunk.

How about the time he was caught looking at a ---- movie by my mother.

The time he came home drunk with his mates and put 6 eggs in a pan and tried to microwave them.

And the best yet when he set fire to the cats tail.

Mrs Doctor

Funny you mention it, only today I enquired after an application pack for Group4 after spotting a rather provocative bit of text on one of their recruitment :mad: (No intention of taking a job with them :D I also note that they require what's termed an Enhanced Criminal Records Bureau checks, Home Office CTC checks.

Yeah right when I was on the Yarlswood Det. Centre build Group 4 couldn't even stop the East European labour passing their access passes to their mates through the mesh, blokes hiding under tarps and whatever being smuggled onto site and back off. P!ss up and brewery!

I'm knackered anyway as many moons ago I refused to pay two years of parking tickets after the drop forging factory (7 days a week!!!) over the road had the council paint double yellers outside my house so they could conveniently back their wagons in. Apart from the dheer cheek I had to park my beloved Rover P5 50yrds round the corner and out of sight and NO WAY was I doing that, not in this city.
Eventually it ended up before the beak where I told the court exactly what I thought, probably had a bit too much to say for m'self and told them "b0ll0cks to your fine, I'll take the days."

Fair enough Carter, 14 days in the 'Green' it is. (out in seven)

Spooky, Ch4 News are doing a handwringing piece on Yarlswood right now. oh God NOOOOOOOOO! it's Kieth Vaz bitching and whinging.

OK the crazy woman has gone, password changed and computer will not be left unguarded again.

To set the record straight.

My trousers were on fire and i jumped into the harbor to stop myself getting burnt.
It was not a ---- film it was a adult education film.
Cant argue with this one.
The cat tried to commit suicide.

maybe ..but she showed us the pics and then removed them. so we have had the last laugh,

just not sure if we are allowed to post them again maybe ?

OK the crazy woman has gone, password changed and computer will not be left unguarded again.

My trousers were on fire and i jumped into the harbor to stop myself getting burnt.

Don't need to lie to us - we ain't the police ya know!

Going back to the original question on spent convictions they will still appear on some CRIB checks irrespective of the age or nature of offence. This is not from personal experience but that of a family member who was convicted of ABH thirty years ago and is employed as a Senior Carer in a residential home. When the check was done, last year, this conviction was listed even though the punishment received was a fine and six months probation.

I had to provide CRIB documents to work in a school and was also checked against the sex offenders register. I was ok on both before you ask.

cheers dr.spark!!!

Shall check that out now!

(did you see the pheasant recipe i put up for you?)

i couldn't possibly comment mdshunk ;)

it didn't involve animals, women (young or old), children, ---- nor genitalia.

That's all that matters.
well bane you are a dark horse ,did you hit someone with your rolling pin for nicking your soup ladle:d

Gone way off topic Spark-Doctor but very funny nonetheless :D

well bane you are a dark horse ,did you hit someone with your rolling pin for nicking your soup ladle:d

It was a theoretical question PaulM :rolleyes:

I cant believe she did it.

note to self, "NEVER LEAVE PUTER UNGUARDED".

Now she wants to come on regularly to check yours and Tony's recipe's.

One more safe haven gone:D

I had to re-read the posts at first, it wasn't sinking in what was happening.
Then when I realised what had happened, as I said, very funny!

Methinks she was checking up on you to see what REALLY goes on on here.

She must have been very disappointed :)

Tell her you'll buy her the book for Christmas :D

Friend Bane if we get enough requests we could be on a winner here ;)

Tell her you'll buy her the book for Christmas :D

Friend Bane if we get enough requests we could be on a winner here ;)

You think???

Criminal Record {filename} | ElectriciansForums.net

Reply to Criminal Record in the Electricians Chat - Off Topic Chat area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock