Discuss Critical feedback request - Consumer unit. in the Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

Have you used ferrules on your RCBO fly leads?

I'm presuming you only need to add ferrules if you shorten the lead, or do you guys add them anyway?

only thing i can fault is the bunch of cables coming in top left.some vertical plastic trunking would look better. otherwise a very neat job.

What is the deal on that big bunch of T+E exiting to the left? Have any applicable grouping factors been applied to the cables or is that not how they will be on the day? In an installation like this it is usually impossible to load them all heavily due to the limited total supply, but if some are run near their limit this can overcook them a little.

You've got nice long service loops on the L & N, not sure whether there is the same on the CPCs. I always like to make sure there are a few inches spare for re-termination by taking them across the board and back or around in a curve.

Can't see the armoured termination which is often a variable in an otherwise good install.

I know few people do this on a domestic install but I always number the cables with the appropriate DB way, to avoid frustration if multiple cables are taken out duing an EICR.

But yes, generally pretty smart.

If the flylead is fine-stranded and has been cut and terminated in a terminal that is not designed for fine-stranded cable, then that is a genuine defect in the work. Bring your own ferrules or leave the full length of the flylead so you can terminate using the original crimped / spotwelded end.

If the flylead is fine-stranded and has been cut and terminated in a terminal that is not designed for fine-stranded cable, then that is a genuine defect in the work. Bring your own ferrules or leave the full length of the flylead so you can terminate using the original crimped / spotwelded end.
Thanks for your reply I agree with what you are saying. I have previously uploaded a past board from this job and received the same feedback. My foreman is refusing to purchase ferrules does not think they are needed.

Nice job

Why is there a piece of cardboard wedged down the back of the consumer unit ? Packing to get level ?

Reply to Critical feedback request - Consumer unit. in the Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc

Electrical Forum

Welcome to the Electrical Forum at ElectriciansForums.net. The friendliest electrical forum online. General electrical questions and answers can be found in the electrical forum.
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock