Aico Carbon Monoxide Detectors
This official sponsor may provide discounts for members

Discuss CRL risk asseament. in the Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:  American Electrical Advice Forum

Hi guys,
Anyone know of any templates for risk assessments for spd protection? Been reading up on it and been told I need a crl risk assesment. If anyone can help that would be great.
Cheers

CK Tools :) The professionals choice when it comes to Electrical Tools
N

Nigel

It is all detailed in BS 7671:2018. It is a very simple calculation with examples.

@essex is correct, but I doubt you will find anything that 'passes' and doesn't need one. I've given up and just sell the SPD - they are under £60. It's not the calculation, it's the documentation of the the customer refusing (NAPIT now have a special form for this) to cover your/their arse. At the end of the day... IF over voltage caused damage, the customer will bleat that you didn't 'explain' it properly - especially when their insurance won't pay out because you have documented that they opted out!

Aico Carbon Monoxide Detectors

Reply to CRL risk asseament. in the Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Electrical2Go - Online Electrical Supplier
Top Bottom