Discuss cross wired sealed plug in the Electrical Testing & PAT Testing Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Reaction score
Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

I tested an IEC lead that was crossed L--N . Both ends were sealed, so I cut the cable &
the plug was cross wired. I am posting this because somebody may be churning out
hundreds of cross wired sealed plugs, & how is anybody to know?
Best regards.

littlespark

-
Esteemed
Arms
Reaction score
That is unbelievable.
Cheap Chinese tatt?

(I’m glad I noticed autocorrect had changed that to tart)

Can you post an image showing continuity between live pin and bared neutral wire?

DPG

-
Esteemed
Arms
Patron
Reaction score
Doesn't surprise me with the amount of rubbish that is being produced. Some of the Chinese places making stuff seem to have no quality control.

Good that you did a proper PAT/ISITEE test and found the issue though. Nice one.

Reply to cross wired sealed plug in the Electrical Testing & PAT Testing Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net