Discuss Crouse-Hinds LW020PR Rainproof+ 200 amp main lug. Will it accept tandem 20 amp breakers? in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

txsmed

DIY
Reaction score
I need to free up space for a 50 amp breaker by combining 2 20 amp into a single tandom breaker. I can not find any information on this model number. Will this lug accept tandem breakers. Screenshot_20211229-142006_Gallery.jpg

I need to free up space for a 50 amp breaker by combining 2 20 amp into a single tandom breaker. I can not find any information on this model number. Will this lug accept tandem breakers. View attachment 93493
To be honest your panels should accept different breakers but read that sticker and the back stabs of breakers are either vertical or horizontal. Your best bet is to use your 40 amp breaker that your stove is hook to and add a small 6 circuit sub panel. Then you use the 40 amp breaker to feed the sub panel with your stove breaker and then add your extra breaker that you need. But hopefully you can find the slim line breakers for your panel which you need. Good luck with your project I don’t think that they make Murray or Crouse-Hinds breakers any more, I hear that they are out of business

It was sold to Siemens & they brought back the original name, Murray, and sold both Murray, and Siemens (Formerly ITE) equipment at the same time, a few years ago they discontinued Murray, it's OK to use Siemens in them, but Crouse-Hinds used to label their panels as OK to use ITE EQ-P and Bryant BR breakers in them, ITE is now Siemens, & Bryant has had a few name changes but is now Eaton BR, but I call Eaton BR, "Zinsco II" because they are the worst panel on the market & share some Zinsco heritage. Somewhere I have the paperwork from UL saying it's OK to use Siemens in Murray products.

Crouse-Hinds & Challenger had breakers that would allow 240V circuits to be supplied with a twin breaker, they were problematic & now obsolete.

Last edited:

Reply to Crouse-Hinds LW020PR Rainproof+ 200 amp main lug. Will it accept tandem 20 amp breakers? in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net