JIB Electrotechnical Certification Scheme (ECS) Cscs, ecs & jib cards

Discuss Cscs, ecs & jib cards in the Electrician Courses : Electrical Quals area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

C

chrisgc

Hi

I have noticed a few threads regarding these two cards.

My question is as there seems to be a quite a few jobs out there which require this card which one am I able to get to enable me to gain work with the companies who are asking for this?

I have looked on the websites but dont think I qualify for the JIB or ECS card (only for the CSCS and only possibly as a labourer)

My qualifications are as follows:

17th Edition
&
EAL Domestic Installers Scheme

Your answers would be most appreciated.

Chris

do the cscs general oppo card all youll need as your not a qual spark its enough to get you onsite

around 45 squid total you can sort it online take the skillsdirect option youll have your card pretty quik week or 2 after youve done the test

In the eyes of the JIB you would be classed as a labourer.

As said best just to do the CSCS exam and gain your card that way. You can still do the ECS exam with the JIB as it is CSCS affiliated, check out their website for deatils of course locations and dates.

I got the CSCS basic operative one that pretty much proves you've passed the health and safety test. I carry a copy of my C&G certs to prove competence. This is not accepted by all sites but for the work I do on site they all seem happy with that. I am sure one day they won't let it but I will cross that bridge when I come to it.

Just checked the CSCS site and had a look at the cards.

What would be the one for me then out of these two:

Green - Construction Site Operative

OR

White/Grey - Construction Related

Your answers would be much appreciated.

Chris

I got the green one. Does me with the copies as i said.

Sit a H&S test via these guys and in total cost me about £40 ish. You sit a exam then copy the certificate and send it back with your application and they send you a card. Worth a phone call and paying the extra pennies.

In fact I have the book with all the multiple choice questions and answers to help you pass the test so here's a deal for you:

You make a donation to help for heros here, show me the proof and I post you the book - simples!

Sorry this is the book i am talking about:

Cscs, ecs & jib cards {filename} | ElectriciansForums.net

I like all threads what relate to the JIB :D

Going to return my Gold card tomorrow they left my 17th Edition off the back, but here's a quote from the letter you receive with your card, now read it all you wonder course merchants and those hiding behind Part Pee law :D

Do not give it or lend it to anyone else. It is important and is accepted as proof of of a level of competence which you have worked hard to achieve. In the hands of someone else it could allow them to attempt to pose as a qualified person and with a degree of competence they have not achieved.

You heard it here first :cool:

In a way I feel sorry for the guys out there who have been conned into thinking there is a fast and easy way into the electrical industry.......On the other hand I'm getting a bit ****** off at being made to feel guilty for these guys!!!! I've done my time as an apprentice and gained numerous amounts of qualifications/experience over the last 20 years and can't help thinking that our industry is being watered down with Part p/domestic installers/rouge companies/agencies and rouge colleges and training providers!!!!! It's simple if you do not do an approved apprenticeship no matter what your age is then you are wasting your time!!! Anyone can sit any exam in any field and pass eventually but this does not make you qualified in the REAL world!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Last edited by a moderator:
No one felt sorry for me when all my mates were working in factories or in the building game and were earning £80 a week and I was earning £25 and I had to find money towards my travel expenses and give my mum £5 for house keeping. Come the weekend I had enough left for two pints and my weekend was over.

Could hardly afford clothes, I had ---- all. Got up at 5.30am every morning and had to find my way to what ever site I was told to go, no one held my hand. I would sometimes get in with the old man and he drop me in the City of London then I would get a bus to where ever.

No pick up or drop offs from sparks, I struggled like ----, so I don't feel sorry for anyone, today people want to wrapped in bubble wrap. Come on the net asking if anyone got any work, they need to get out of their comfort zone and try a little harder.

Try working on a poxy two bob site, when there's no toilets or the toilet as been ripped out on a refurb and you have to get a bucket out to have a crap, it goes on. Anyway rant over lol

Reply to Cscs, ecs & jib cards in the Electrician Courses : Electrical Quals area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock