• IMPORTANT: Please note that nobody on this forum should be seeking from or providing advice to those who are not competent and / or trained and qualified in their field (local laws permitting). There is a discussion thread on this global industry-wide matter HERE. This also has more information about the warning with regards to sharing electrical advice in some countries. By using this forum you do so in agreement to this.

JIB Electrotechnical Certification Scheme (ECS) CSCS or JIB

Discuss CSCS or JIB in the Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

C

claret73

Have been calling into the Agencies (in desperation) and nearly all are asking for CSCS Cards. No worries. I have ECS & CSCS Test Certs, so called CSCS and they are saying they will not issue a card as my background is electrical & need to go to ECS. Phoned ECS & they are on a 4-6 week processing time! Unlees I pay the £200 for a same day issue & drive to Kent...
Any advice on how to proceed with this? Can I not go through CSCS? They're saying I wouldn't get On Site with for example a Labourer's Card onto the Electrical Team...from past experience (I got on with somebody else's ID as was only there 2 days) & once On Site almost all the PPE came off & nobody enforcing it...
Would it matter what Card I got? I've had 3 years of C&G Ramming H&S into me. It's not like CSCS is the Holy Grail to not getting injured...

how can they justify £200 to do it on the same day!
It's an absolute joke , CSCS/ECS is just a moneymaking racket, it does nothing for safety it's purely to make money

i phoned them for cscs they said i couldnt have one coz i was in electrical trade an needed ecs, the ecs test center is a bit far from me when the cscs is on my doorstep, and cheaper so next day i phoned the cscs back said i was a labourer bobs ur uncle i had a cscs, never been knocked back coz i only have cscs all the same to the man in the tin hut.

The Agencies I spoke to know I have the ECS Certificate but are adamant I need CSCS Card or the like...Maybe I'll just apply for the labourers card. As bmb says, Guy on the door doesn't give a stuff!!

The problem with that, is that the Agencies won't offer you any electrical work, without an ECS card.
If you only have a labourers card, they'll only offer you work as a labourer.

Reply to CSCS or JIB in the Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Electrical Forum

Welcome to the Electrical Forum at ElectriciansForums.net. The friendliest electrical forum online. General electrical questions and answers can be found in the electrical forum.
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back