Discuss CU changes.... testing first in the Australia area at ElectriciansForums.net

sythai

-
Arms
Reaction score
Evening all...

Just quick question before pop out.

Recently there was a post on CU upgrades, and someone? said when pricing they done it as 2 seperate jobs.

First job: full test and rectify any faults.

Second job: CU swap and quick test (as you will have most of results from job one)

Good idea this, thinking of doing same myself.

Just wondered who it was that was that said they do it this way, wanted to ask you couple of questions if poss ??

Thanks,

Sy

it's the right way to do it

installation is ready for the swop -rather than having to sort out problems after

Last edited by a moderator:
Definately.... make sense...

Fed up of swapping over and bang goes the RCD, then you spend the rest of the day rushing round trying to sort it all out before home time:(

Just wondering really if anyone else does it this way, how do you price it?

Does this sound alright...

JOB 1: £150 test - 6 x circuits + any faults to be recitiied as extra @ hourly rate
JOB 2: £200 CU change (materials + labour)

Sy:)

£200 for materials and labour is way too cheap.

Should be nearer 350 ish.

edit: Sorry just re-read your first post. WINE KICKING IN!!!!!

Reply to CU changes.... testing first in the Australia area at ElectriciansForums.net

Similar Threads

Morning guys, Just been to look at a CU change and there was a bit of an oddity with the PME connection in the old black cut out. Looking at the...
Replies
Views
Hi fellow sparks, I've just started out on my own so I'm spending a lot of my time trying to find out the correct way of doing things of...
Replies
Views
Hello All and happy new year. Over the holiay I have changed all of my old sockets to some nice new ones and added a couple with usb sockets for...
Replies
Views
Hi all, Im new to the forum and wanted to check something and maybe get some advice confirmation. Ive got halogen wall lights which use a...
Replies
Views
Hey there, Sorry I’ve just joined up. I’m a qualified electrician/Electrical engineer. Recently sat my 2391-52. My question is I had a fault...
Replies
Views

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock