Discuss Cure in the Electricians Chat - Off Topic Chat area at ElectriciansForums.net

Pete999

-
Esteemed
Arms
Reaction score
Now is the time of year for making merry, to much booze to much food, on the booze front, has anyone got good ideas for a hangover remedy, forget the usual one "don't drink to much" I'm looking for the cure for the worst kind of hangover, you know the one, you wake up full of good intentions, not want to spoil everyone Christmas, only to spend the best part of the day with your head down the big white tube talking to God "oh God never again" only for some idiot to say " what you need mate is the hair of the dog" the vicious circle starts all over again, so come on, spill what's your best remedy?:coldsweat::sunglasses:

There is no cure, only prevention. Know your limits and stick to them.

I stopped being able to hack a huge session in my early 30s. A heavy Friday can mean a completely written off Saturday for me.

And on that note I'm off out for a 2pm start on a Christmas beer. If I find myself in a curry house at 3am ill be sure to post again and let you know I was talking a load of baubles.

I try to drink a couple of pints of water before bed and taking 2 headache tablets. When I remember to do this I'm generally fine. If I don't remember then I'm generally too drunk. :)

My Lad got really scunked at a wedding once, looked like death warmed up in the morning My Mrs gave him a "RESOLVE" Tesco's do their own brand it's sort of Alka Selter only better cured him in about an hour. Got my supply in.

drink real ale. never had a hangover on 10 pints. ( and that was with a dozen double JDs as chasers ). mind you, the MOD want my stomach lining for a prototype bullet proof vest for the army.

Never tried it personally, friend of mine swears by having a sachet of dioralyte in the morning.

If nobodys heard of it, it's sold as a dehydration relief from diarrhea.

It's got electrolytes that alcohol robs your body of for liver detox as alcohol is poison literally. Something like berocca as a last drink before bed will give you the B vits and electrolytes that you loose in dehydration.
Dr I worked with would have a Vit B complex tablet, a cyclizine (antiemetic, sickness)and a codeine for the headache! Bad doctor!
I don't drink now - tons of coffee though.

Don't drink anymore but gave the ball a good kick for many years.
I do think with a lot of people it's an age thing, when I was between 18-25 me and the lads would go on a session every Thursday night to Roxys nightclub in Sheffield as it was grab a granny night and would stumble home blind drunk but still be up and in work for 8am quick greasy sarnie and back to normal.
If I tried that now I really would be done for 3-4 days. My downfall is I am easily lead and don't know when to say stop.

Don't drink anymore but gave the ball a good kick for many years.
I do think with a lot of people it's an age thing, when I was between 18-25 me and the lads would go on a session every Thursday night to Roxys nightclub in Sheffield as it was grab a granny night and would stumble home blind drunk but still be up and in work for 8am quick greasy sarnie and back to normal.
If I tried that now I really would be done for 3-4 days. My downfall is I am easily lead and don't know when to say stop.
No staying power Mate, been on the razz all over the world, still hrts in the morning where ever you are.

I stick to real ale and steer clear of the mass produced chemical beers an lagers. Like some above though, I don't drink nearly as much as I used to. Resolve was quite good. Famous last words!

Turns out a pint of water and a lamb kebab before bed works wonders :D
unless you're working in the far east.where you'll need to make do with a pint of warm saki and a dog curry.

I stick to real ale and steer clear of the mass produced chemical beers an lagers. Like some above though, I don't drink nearly as much as I used to. Resolve was quite good. Famous last words!
real ale is the answer. it's chemicals that cause the bad hangovers.

When I was a teenager I had some pretty horrendous hangovers after drinking my dads homebrew. He only told me the other day that he stopped brewing it cos my mates and I kept drinking it.

it'snot hangovers i worry asbout. i knowi'm getting a bitlongin the tooth, but whydo i see dandruff dropping down my screen when on "new posts"?

Reply to Cure in the Electricians Chat - Off Topic Chat area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock