Discuss Currant Problem. in the Electrical Appliances Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

telectrix

-
Mentor
Esteemed
Arms
Reaction score
last night 'er indoors tried to use the Smeg toaster. Click... RCD tripped. Got round to it this morning. Found a currant from a hot cross bun bridged across element and adjacent earthed metal. Removed currant and all fine. Obviously the currant, being moist, was capable of passing current in the order of 30mA.

last night 'er indoors tried to use the Smeg toaster. Click... RCD tripped. Got round to it this morning. Found a currant from a hot cross bun bridged across element and adjacent earthed metal. Removed currant and all fine. Obviously the currant, being moist, was capable of passing current in the order of 30mA.
A good point. One well worth raisin.

maybe it willl be on the news tonite under currant affairs.

Hi
When daughter was a child, she put a hot cross bun in the toaster which jammed the mechanism in the down position (think the bun was thicker than the slot so wedged in) and we had a mini fire in the kitchen. No lasting damage, hence hot cross buns banned from the toaster even today after more years than I would care to think.
John

I had a bit more Current , when one of those ..bun toaster ones ..
touched a similar currant --ate thru the element .. and un spiralled into its metal reflector.
( a memorable - PHUT before the days of RCD ).

(Reminded me of an electric fire element .. Have they have just forgot about ..
clearances - in preference to Efficiency ...
... Fasted route to bin ... ?

Reply to Currant Problem. in the Electrical Appliances Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net