Wetroom Store - Network Wetroom Suppliers
This official sponsor may provide discounts for members

Discuss Customer complaining about getting a shock from light switch in the Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:  American Electrical Advice Forum

upload_2019-3-24_15-50-21.jpeg

I was wiring a new kitchen for a customer and they commented on how they kept getting a shock from light switch and had been for the last 10 years since they bought house. The lighting is wired in twin (no earth ) so had to explain that all metallic switches and lights would have to be changed to type that needs no earth. Customer thought I was at it what chance do you have also were a bit miffed as the sockets above worktop brushed steel but light switches changed to plastic also pointed out no provision of earth warning sticker for lighting circuits that I fitted to recently replaced all rcbo consumer unit done by a family friend (no paperwork for consumer unit ) also pointed out same noted on cert to cover my backside. I mistakenly thought I had seen most stupid things but mistaken

Megawatt

-
Arms
View attachment 48504

I was wiring a new kitchen for a customer and they commented on how they kept getting a shock from light switch and had been for the last 10 years since they bought house. The lighting is wired in twin (no earth ) so had to explain that all metallic switches and lights would have to be changed to type that needs no earth. Customer thought I was at it what chance do you have also were a bit miffed as the sockets above worktop brushed steel but light switches changed to plastic also pointed out no provision of earth warning sticker for lighting circuits that I fitted to recently replaced all rcbo consumer unit done by a family friend (no paperwork for consumer unit ) also pointed out same noted on cert to cover my backside. I mistakenly thought I had seen most stupid things but mistaken
I’m guess that all yalls pipes are PVC but about 10 years ago I had a hot water heater with 2 elements in it and 1 burnt up and was getting shocked when you turned the sink on. Just saying

SuperlecDirect - ElectriciansForums.net Electrical Suppliers

Reply to Customer complaining about getting a shock from light switch in the Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Wetroom Store - Network Wetroom Suppliers
Top Bottom