Discuss Customer not paying, hanged up on me. in the Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

E

electricshock

Hi, everyone. If this is in wrong section, please move.

I need advice on what I should do.

Basically I installed a 4 core 25mm, 20 meters swa cable for a shop. The run was from a 3 phase supply to a single phase shop. The other 2 phases were being used for shops next door.

As this was a emergency job as the old cable was buried in Wall and had been damaged somewhere. I quickly installed the cable so the tenant can get electric in his shop.

Originally the landlord called and asked me to sort it out. We have been working for him a number of years now and everything was fine.

After doing the job, the landlord tells us to get money from tenant. So now tenant saying it's landlord responsibility and landlord saying it's tenant responsibility. I am now stuck in the middle. The landlord is now just boycotting me. Hanged up on me.

Getting straight to the point, I don't want to get into who's responsibility it is. All I want to know is what can I do. I had a verbal agreement with landlord, no signed document. I have sent invoice to landlord address.

Should I do small claims against landlord?

Can I take my cable off as it is wired on the outside and most of the cable is fixed onto next door shops back wall?

What would you advise?

Please let me know if you need more detail.

Thank you in advance

Who ever asked you to install the cable is the person responsible for payment, you need to write an official letter confirming this and giving him a 7 day term to settle, if he does not you can then write a letter with a further 7 days or you will pass the dept onto a third party. That should sort him out, he will not like the thought of a debt collecting agency knocking on his door. One last thing, keep everything you have relating to that job in a folder, any conversations, times etc etc, you may need it if it goes the distance.

Just write a normal letter on your company letterhead, or if you do not have one write a standard letter dear sir etc etc and make sure you put your name, date and address on the letter. at the very bottom of the letter after you have written your bit you can add a payment must be recieved within 7 days of this dated letter and you could add it in bold, send me your e-mail addy via a pm here and I will send you a basic invoice and invoice letter head so you can see whats what.

Hmmmm it happened to a chap I know once, customer wouldn't pay up, so he went round and started to take all his materials back, after he'd removed the supply to the shop resulting in lost business he was paid in a wad of notes as soon as the chap could get to a cash machine lol

Hmmmm it happened to a chap I know once, customer wouldn't pay up, so he went round and started to take all his materials back, after he'd removed the supply to the shop resulting in lost business he was paid in a wad of notes as soon as the chap could get to a cash machine lol
HAHA good one, Trouble is though the op needs to be professional and I do believe it is illegal to do that actually haha, good idea though.

Thats the worse thing you can do IMO. It will cost you more time and money, send the guy an invoice with a letter asking for payment and give him 7 days to reply, then you can get nasty if he does not, try to be professional and make sure everything is in writing and like I mentioned earlier make sure you keep everything relating to this job in a folder. Try to remember when he asked you to do it, the dates and converstaions and write it all down, and whack it in the folder.

This !!!! ^^^^

unless youre happy to be hanging round for over 6 months waiting for small claims court to settle..........

then turn up at shop and rip cable out.
answer no calls from anyone concerned and let the ******** landlord sort out his own mess.

Whoever gave the instruction to carry out the works, is the party responsible for payment of the said works. Any dispute between the Landlord and his tenant has nothing whatsoever to do with you. If the Landlord considers that the costs of these works should be to the tenants account, then it's up to the Landlord to recover those costs, Not You!! ....End Of!!

I have sent you private msg Mdj.
I have replied to your pm, do not go to site and rip out the cable, well not yet anyhow, you still have a good chance of payment, chin up.

- - - Updated - - -

This !!!! ^^^^

unless youre happy to be hanging round for over 6 months waiting for small claims court to settle..........

then turn up at shop and rip cable out.
answer no calls from anyone concerned and let the ******** landlord sort out his own mess.
I need a new bouncer Biff, will you beat up my slow paying customers for me lol

What's the worse that can happen if I take the cable out. Bearing in mind that I don't need to enter the shop and the back gate is always open. So I would be like in and out.

Get the Sheriffs in CCJ is the way to go, long winded, I know but you are then doing it the legal way, if the other party turn up at the hearing it;s a joy to watch them squirm, worth the wait I guess,at least it was when I took some scrot to court barstewards

no need to remove SWA. just give it a few well placed whacks with one of these bad boys.

Customer not paying,  hanged up on me. default - EletriciansForums.net

Originally the landlord called and asked me to sort it out. We have been working for him a number of years now and everything was fine.

The landlord is now just boycotting me. Hanged up on me.

Had.

Hung.

Basically I installed a 4 core 25mm, 20 meters swa cable for a shop. The run was from a 3 phase supply to a single phase shop. The other 2 phases were being used for shops next door.

As this was a emergency job as the old cable was buried in Wall and had been damaged somewhere. I quickly installed the cable so the tenant can get electric in his shop.

After doing the job, the landlord tells us to get money from tenant. So now tenant saying it's landlord responsibility and landlord saying it's tenant responsibility. I am now stuck in the middle. The landlord is now just boycotting me. Hanged up on me.

Getting straight to the point, I don't want to get into who's responsibility it is. All I want to know is what can I do. I had a verbal agreement with landlord, no signed document. I have sent invoice to landlord address.

Should I do small claims against landlord?

Can I take my cable off as it is wired on the outside and most of the cable is fixed onto next door shops back wall?

What would you advise?

Please let me know if you need more detail.

Thank you in advance

Template LBA (letter before action) here: https://www.google.co.uk/search?cli...efore+action&sourceid=opera&ie=UTF-8&oe=UTF-8

LOTS of them in fact!!

Reply to Customer not paying, hanged up on me. in the Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc

Electrical Forum

Welcome to the Electrical Forum at ElectriciansForums.net. The friendliest electrical forum online. General electrical questions and answers can be found in the electrical forum.
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock