Discuss Customer service - good and bad in the Australia area at ElectriciansForums.net

D

dom_f

So last week I bought a couple of bits (nothing expensive) off Test Equipment Direct (also known as www.pat-services.co.uk).

Ordered Sunday, shipped Monday, delivered Tuesday. So far so good!

Yesterday I was using the Fluke LVD2 when it suddenly packed up. (Its a no contact voltage detector). Basically it started indicating voltage at all times.

I phone T.E.D to ask how to get it swapped and struggled as they said they couldn't raise a case without a serial number - it doesn't have one (its only £18 ffs).

After a bit of of pushing they agreed to RMA it and send out a new one so I popped it in the post yesterday.

Today I got an email which said:
"We have received your faulty LVD2, when we have opened the packaging and taken a look at your LVD2 we have found that it is full of water.
This to us looks to be the cause of the fault but as it is a user error and not a technical error we can not replace your LVD2."

I phoned them up and they told me it was:

1) Full of water and the battery was wet
2) It looked "old"

They said the packaging was dry and therefore it was clearly wet when I shipped it to them. I can categorically state it was in "as new" condition and not wet when I shipped it.

The only 3 explanation I can think of are:

1) Something strange happened - for example they mixed it up with another one
2) They are not telling the truth
3) I'm not telling the truth.

I know it's not number 3 and have a strong suspicion as to which of the other two options is correct...

I was livid so phoned Fluke UK who listened to what I had to say and promptly put a new one in the post to me for delivery tomorrow.

So one company that won't be getting any more of my business and one that will....

Anyone else had problems with TED?

Dom

Incidentally I don;t normally whinge as my 1st post on a forum but was so incensed I was shaking!!!

Big plus point to Fluke though!

Dom

Reply to Customer service - good and bad in the Australia area at ElectriciansForums.net