Discuss Customer thinks I’m ripping him off in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Thanks guys
I’ve recently gone on my own and I’ve never had to price jobs
Glad to hear that I’m on the right track

If any customer comments on your prices being expensive tell them (in a nice way) they are free to get other quotes. End of conversation.

Dont ever feel pressured into negotiating or lowering your charges unless its on your terms because you choose to

If its the same in wales as where i am in essex, decent sparks are extremely hard to come by and getting one to turn up and quote for a job is apparently hard enough

If any customer comments on your prices being expensive tell them (in a nice way) they are free to get other quotes. End of conversation.

Dont ever feel pressured into negotiating or lowering your charges unless its on your terms because you choose to

If its the same in wales as where i am in essex, decent sparks are extremely hard to come by and getting one to turn up and quote for a job is apparently hard enough

I usually find the "do you like travel, do you like sex" line works a treat.

You are far Too cheap...

Here would be my own break down of rates,
£45 per hour labour x 16 = £720
Materials very rough gestimate £300 ish

So my quote/estimate would come out about a grand

Take it or leave it
Wave Dusty’s quote in front of his face then he’ll appreciate the price you’ve given - sounds like a hustle but may just work!

Hi people
I’ve recently given a customer a quote for a board change on a 1970 property which needs 2 x 6way boards “small space “
And installing a 40mtr supply to the bottom of a garden for a hot tub which has to be clipped half way and underground for 10mtrs
So it’s 2 days Labour and materials
835 pound he’s moaned and said it’s far to expensive I think I’m about right , thoughts please
Tell him to gtf

Wow...some of you chaps do well with your hourly rates.....I charge 15.00 per hour and do not all i quite for. Had a discusion about pay rates on this site some time ago and was advised to double my rates with immediate effect......tried it and got no work at all. Love to know where all these customers are with deep pockets . Any advice welcome.

Wow...some of you chaps do well with your hourly rates.....I charge 15.00 per hour and do not all i quite for. Had a discusion about pay rates on this site some time ago and was advised to double my rates with immediate effect......tried it and got no work at all. Love to know where all these customers are with deep pockets . Any advice welcome.

Ouch, firstly being SE on £15 per hour ....... you might as well be collecting trolleys in Tesco's

You HAVE to increase your rates, but doubling them for existing clients will always be hard so ....I would suggest increasing your existing customer rates to £20 immediately, and all new clients start with £32 minimum.

Are you registered with a CPS, have a van, the necessary insurances and your 18th?

Your overheads for the year will be about £6K so think hard about what you are doing and if some clients won't pay your new rate, let them find some MUG who will.

If you can find 10 clients willing to pay £30 per hour, means you can leave 20 paying £15 behind or you may find they will pay £20 this year then increase it next year to £24 (increments of £4 makes calculating 1/4 hours easier!)

Reply to Customer thinks I’m ripping him off in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net