uHeat Banner - Forum Discount Available
This official sponsor may provide discounts for members

Discuss Cut through the sheathing of cooker cable. in the Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

K

Kkiernan09369

-
Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:  American Electrical Advice Forum

Curing the floorboard in room and the cooker cable that runs through a notch in the joist was cut. Through the grey cable and the tips of the brown and blue wires. Just enough to see the copper core.

whats best to do in this situation as obviously I don’t want to replace the whole cable

Aico 3000
Scolmore Electrical Products
telectrix

telectrix

-
Mentor
Esteemed
Arms
Curing the floorboard in room and the cooker cable that runs through a notch in the joist was cut. Through the grey cable and the tips of the brown and blue wires. Just enough to see the copper core.

whats best to do in this situation as obviously I don’t want to replace the whole cable
is there any slack in the cable?

telectrix

telectrix

-
Mentor
Esteemed
Arms
easiest solution, without cutting cable, would be to stripp back the outer sheath, wrap each conductor with some self-amalgamating tape over the cuts (several turns), then wrap the whole lot in some more tape so that the cloured cores are completely coverd. this assumes no damage to the copper core, in which case cutting and jointing would be required, if in doubt, get a local sparks to fix. whatever the case, isolate from supply before hand.

Pete999

Pete999

-
Esteemed
Arms
Yes I’d say about half a meter
Post automatically merged:

Will it be okay to cut and secure in a suitable amp junction box?
If you opt for a Joint Box (JB), and if it is not accessible the JB would need to be Maintenance Free (MF)

K

Kkiernan09369

-
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
No Mate because it has screw type connections that could work loose.
So I assume it’s the clamp type connections inside a wago box or similar? Can u get the clamp type for a 40amp

Pete999

Pete999

-
Esteemed
Arms
Urged! So I assume it’s the clamp type connections inside a wago box or similar? Can u get the clamp type for a 40amp
Wago connectors and the right box would be the right way to go, not sure if they make the size you rquire, try google and see what it says, I was thinking of a resin filled joint but I don't know it they constitute MF or not, good luck in your search.

K

Kkiernan09369

-
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Wago connectors and the right box would be the right way to go, not sure if they make the size you rquire, try google and see what it says, I was thinking of a resin filled joint but I don't know it they constitute MF or not, good luck in your search.
Ok so let’s go back to self almagat tape. What exact is it? It’s on description online non tacky? So how does it stick? What’s the difference between that and the normal electrical insulation tape

Get paid faster with card payments | Go Paper Free - Save Hours | Offer Finance to Customers

Reply to Cut through the sheathing of cooker cable. in the Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

CK Tools :) The professionals choice when it comes to Electrical Tools
Top Bottom