Discuss Cut through the sheathing of cooker cable. in the Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

wago do a 40A push-in connector that takes 6mm cable. cooker will never pull 40A as long as it,s got a door that opens.

There is no need for tape, either self amalgamating or insulation tape. Use a standard 30a JB, carefully strip back the outer sheath just enough so that the cores will pass through the 3 terminals, do not cut the cores, just clamp them in the terminals. Make sure the sheath just enters both entries of the JB so no basic insulation is exposed. Best to fix the JB to a batten under the floor, and secure the cable either side of the box with a clip or two. As the cores are not cut this is not a joint and so does not need to be maintenance free, it is simply an enclosure. The bare cpc could be taped if you feel the need, I wouldnt worry.

How would one fit a terminal box over wires that haven’t been cut. That just confused the ---- out of me ?
you take the screws right out of the terminals then slot the conductors in. then replace screws.

and there's no need for cable restraints as the uncut cable cannot pull out of the terminals.

should be more careful then. o_O o_O o_O. use a stanley or electricians knife to cut along the cable central, i line with the earth. then tease sheath away from conductors and cut away. try not to nick the inner insulation . it' won't hurt like a finger but could be dangerous.

Reply to Cut through the sheathing of cooker cable. in the Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc

Electrical Forum

Welcome to the Electrical Forum at ElectriciansForums.net. The friendliest electrical forum online. General electrical questions and answers can be found in the electrical forum.
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock