Discuss Cutting floorboards in the Electrical Tools and Products area at ElectriciansForums.net

BLBelfast

-
Arms
Reaction score
What do you use to cut up floorboards? Jigsaw/ circular saw or any other. I use a jigsaw but it is on its last legs and I have been usuing a reciprocating saw lately which is only going to lead to trouble when my luck runs out.

circular saw every time. cut out the tongues first, then spring the board up a bit with a bolster chisel where you want to cut across the board, that will save you hitting any pipes underneath. once cut, 2 claw hammers, one each side of the board and work your way down

Hi,
I use the Fein multimaster oscillating cutter.Handy when the boards have a stud wall on top as you can cut flush to the skirting and the blades are very thin.

Cheers,
Lofty

Hi have just purchased some worx tools an oscillating tool very good and a small circular saw cuts to depth of 22 mm find its pretty good on most boards has laser guide about £100 also has ceramic cutting blade which is very good for doing chasing has vacum adapter so very little dust try argos the oscillating tool is a cheaper version of the fein tool but just as good. Fein had the license but that has now elapsed so other manufacturers are doing same tool but a lot cheaper. hope this helps.

The lucky sod picked it up from Netto it was just missing a strap or something piddly.

We don't get Netto dowmn here and they wouldn't ship one to me (they were only 30 bucks anyway)

Makita 18v circular saw. Check depth and never worry about hitting a pipe etc . Secret is to learn how to "pop" the boards up without damaging them too much !

Makita 18v circular saw. Check depth and never worry about hitting a pipe etc . Secret is to learn how to "pop" the boards up without damaging them too much !

Is that the one with the little 136mm blade ? heard good things about them.

Cheers,
Lofty.

The lucky sod picked it up from Netto it was just missing a strap or something piddly.

We don't get Netto dowmn here and they wouldn't ship one to me (they were only 30 bucks anyway)

just the allen keys :D my mate bought one and gave me the vac attachment. let me know if you want one sending as they are still in stock up here for £30

Is that the one with the little 136mm blade ? heard good things about them.

Cheers,
Lofty.

Yes. Bought it cheap and it paid for its self very quickly. I never ever ever use anything that will protrude more than 1/2mm past the thickness of the floor boards. Seems like every god dam plumber and sparky loves to have their work as close to the underside of the boards as possible !

Hi i dont often cut floorboards now , i use an Armeg cutter which gives a 127mm dia circular hole with a rebate which you insert an Armeg blank into run a bead of silicone around rebate before insert blank plug. it fits flush to floor and can be used on floorboards or sheet flooring (chipboard) etc
hope this helps? Darren

I am going to look into a circular saw, but like has been said the fein is good but for cutting the tongue's it is very noisy and really gets through allot of expensive blades. And chipboard is to much for a fein however I would highly recommend the fein for cutting boards to the length you want neatly.

But a floor board saw can do a good job you just work up a sweat.

What do you use to cut up floorboards? Jigsaw/ circular saw or any other. I use a jigsaw but it is on its last legs and I have been usuing a reciprocating saw lately which is only going to lead to trouble when my luck runs out.

Buy another Jigsaw yer tight bugger:rolleyes:, you will wish you had when your luck runs out:eek: been there done that:eek:

Cheers..........Howard

PS comment in jest mate.

Reply to Cutting floorboards in the Electrical Tools and Products area at ElectriciansForums.net