Discuss Dado trunking opinions? in the Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

Leesparkykent

Esteemed
Reaction score
I've got a shed load of dado trunking to purchase and install on a office refurb that im starting after christmas. Just wondering what people's opinions are on best make for ease of installation, cost etc. I normally use MK but its pricey but I like the way it all goes together, I've also used some proper crap in the past that's why I would like some opinions.

I like Marshall Tufflex sterling 3 compartment with the 3 removable lids myself, however although cheaper than MK it isn't the cheapest aboutMarshall Tufflex> Home > Cable Management > PVC-U Perimeter Trunking > Sterling Profile Trunking 167x50mm - 255x50mm > Sterling Profile 3 trunking 167x50mm
I'll have a look at that. Could be wrong but I got given what I think was Apollo 3 compartment trunking once and it's proper two bob lol

I have installed without exaggeration literally hundreds of lengths of the Marshall trunking and it is good kit, you asked for advice, I did my bit for you, I hope you find something in anycase.

See my PM!

Like MDJ i have used Marshall Tuffnell Dado and angle profiled trunking in labs and workshop almost exclusively, apart from some medical rooms. Providing you use their snap-in accessory back boxes, you can't go far wrong....

MDJ and Eng54 don't no whats happening to my ipad it's playing up and can't like your posts but much appreciated, I'll have a butchers at the Marshall tufflex range and see what prices are etc

No the worst ever is the galvanised stuff.

Attachments

• Dado trunking opinions? image - EletriciansForums.net
    image.jpg
    130.1 KB · Views: 110
    image.jpg
    164.8 KB · Views: 116
    image.jpg
    177.4 KB · Views: 126
No the worst ever is the galvanised stuff.
no that stuff isnt bad

the absolute ffing worst without a doubt is Schneider galv bench trunking

absolute crap, i wouldnt take a job where i had to use it.

there are litte bit of plastic between the sections to join it and its awful

Dado trunking opinions? {filename} | ElectriciansForums.net

ill see if i can find a pic later

MK is good, they do the newer VP range which is a bit pricey, but if you go to Neweys, their own brand 3 compartment trunking is the old MK VTS range, so quality is still good with low prices.

I found with the MT sterling trunking, once on the top and bottom lids were on they were difficult to remove.
Also the protective film was applied so that it got stuck in between compartments and the walls so when ripping it off at the end of the job you had to remove the lids again to get all the annoying bits of blue film off.
I'd suggest peeling the film away from the edges when installing the lids in the future.

I am surprised no one has mentioned Rehau? I have only used it a couple of times due to a complete lack of commercial work but its always seemed brilliant to me!

I found with the MT sterling trunking, once on the top and bottom lids were on they were difficult to remove.
Also the protective film was applied so that it got stuck in between compartments and the walls so when ripping it off at the end of the job you had to remove the lids again to get all the annoying bits of blue film off.
I'd suggest peeling the film away from the edges when installing the lids in the future.
well it needs to be secure to stop kids pulling off lids, which in some schools would be a given, I have seen them wreck things lol, regarding the blue plastic protecting the lids, umm yes you remove the edges previous to fitting, experience will ensure you don't do it twice, certainely not a fault with the trunking is it?

Reply to Dado trunking opinions? in the Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc

Electrical Forum

Welcome to the Electrical Forum at ElectriciansForums.net. The friendliest electrical forum online. General electrical questions and answers can be found in the electrical forum.
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock