Discuss Daft customer of the week in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

cbw

-
Reaction score
Hello James, its ####

When I use my electric pool cover winder it 'bangs' out the fuseboard.

As a temporary measure so my kids and their friends can swim in this weather I have put a plug on the lead, and plugged it into an extension lead running from a non rcd protected fuseboard.

I think the pool water is leaking into the box housing the motors, can you come and fix it for me?

This smacks of Durham sparkys old wind up of dead carp and live pond water, however it is for a customer I have done previous work for!!!!!

Mine.

can you install 2 more sockets on that newly plastered and painted wall please.

Was it too much to ask when the wall was bare brick, scrimping on costs always ends up costing more....

long as he's paying, Ive had similar situations, and they want it free!

Dont you hate finishing a rewire, then they say, 'we've got all these lovely lights form b and q, can you take down all those pendants, and put them up. GRR

They can be as daft as they want, I will go to any lengths, as long as they know, and acknwledge the cost. nowt for nowt. I can't go to Fortnum and Mason and say I want foie gras, but I'll pay for a goose bum.

Mine,

Just finished a full rewire and a complete house re-skim, customer now wants me to move all the light switches as he wants the doors to open the opposite way
Same. Had a disagreement with the customer when I did that - following the plans as well! Annoyingly I have the loop in and out to the switch as well. They only noticed when all finished!

Mine,

Just finished a full rewire and a complete house re-skim, customer now wants me to move all the light switches as he wants the doors to open the opposite way

When a door has been hung the wrong way to whats on the drawing,in the future or for ever and a day,people will always comment that the switch has been fixed behind the door,never that the door was hung wrong. :90:
Chippies 1 sparks 0

Reply to Daft customer of the week in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc

Electrical Forum

Welcome to the Electrical Forum at ElectriciansForums.net. The friendliest electrical forum online. General electrical questions and answers can be found in the electrical forum.
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock