Discuss Danfoss CHRONO setting in the Central Heating Systems area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

Mattressback

-
DIY
Reaction score
I’ve recently had a new boiler and one of your thermostats installed a Danfoss RET1000 B/M/MS thermostat

Is it normal for the thermostat to fire up the boiler for 3 minutes and then turn off for another 4 or 5 mins and then come back on for another 4mins etc 24 hours a day once it has hit the desired temp setting? The radiators never get more than Luke warm and although thermometers suggest the room is at or close to the desired temp the air never feels particularly warm.

I’ve read through the small installation guide left for me and see a setting called CHRONO is this how this particular setting works? I’ve no idea if the thermostat is set to this setting as I daren't remove the thermostat faceplate.

My question is is this how CHRONO works? And therefore I don’t have a faulty unit more just a decision to make as to if I desire this setting or the old style I’m more used to.

Cheers

I had some Danfoss products in my house. They are over complicated, and would not be my choice. From your description and reading the installers manual, that would seem how ‘Chrono’ functions. I would turn it off. If you goggle the stat , and find the installers manual, it will show you how to do it. Make sure you follow safe isolation first, or ask your installers to do it for you.

Yes that’s how it is supposed to work..
It’s a time proportional function.
Flick the dip switches to change it to temp control

Reply to Danfoss CHRONO setting in the Central Heating Systems area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock