• Welcome to the new forum. We're now hosted on ElectriciansForums.net rather than ElectriciansForums.co.uk - Chat about the forum upgrade by CLICKING HERE

Welcome to our Electrical Forum - We started out providing electrical advice just for the UK - But now we have specific advice for the USA too! - Register for free and share American Electrical Advice.

Danger notice?

Discuss Danger notice? in the Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rappid

Electrician's Arms
Got a call from a customer, electrician has condemmed the electrics and they wanted a second opinion.
Got on site and apparently there was a fault on the lighting circuit, the electrician they called out said it was dangerous and unscrewed all the light fittings and and just snipped the wires leaving bare cables poking out of the ceiling.
He left saying that they will sent them a quote for a rewire and the work that needed to be done.
As all the light fittings has been cut off I am unable to test the lighting circuit for the fault.
Personally I would just disconnect the lighting circuit from the CU and remove the fuse wire as it's rewireable fuse.
I haven't been in this game long and I've never issued a danger notice, but isn't this a bit extreme??
What would be the best way to condem the electrics?

telectrix

Scouser and Proud of It
Respected Member
the guy wants locking up. the customer should sue him. he has no right to sabotage the customer's installation in that way, touting for work. remove the fuse, yes. then it's up to the customer to decide whether or not to refit it.

Rappid

Electrician's Arms
I've put in my price for a rewire but this company is going in at a silly price, customer said about £1000 for CU and rewire but that could also be the customer trying to blagg it. It's a 3 bed house.

jase

Electrician's Arms
I wouldve called the police as he was cutting them fittings down, He has no right to do that and that in my opinion is definately criminal damage, it's bullying and scaremongering on the upmost level.
So have they still got his number? please tell me it wasnt just a mobile?? and who is he registered with??

jase

Electrician's Arms
£1000 for rewire? sounds like a right load of b*****X, bet they just through crimp the cables they cut off in the first place, this lot need reporting straight away

D

DurhamSparky

bit harsh for having no CPC lol...!!

honestly i would walk away as no doubt the company will turn up pull some length back through the ceiling put new pendants on and bish bash bosh!

GLENNSPARK

Electrician's Arms
Unreal!! Bordering on criminal damage that is!
well that is exactly what this is...criminal damage....and has also left the homeowner/tennant/person ordering the test without the capacity to live (as the law would see it)......should be repremanded for this crap.....

jase

Electrician's Arms
I've heard of some dodgy goings on but this takes the biscuit, they need to be name and shamed, what was the outfit called?

GLENNSPARK

Electrician's Arms
bit harsh for having no CPC lol...!!

honestly i would walk away as no doubt the company will turn up pull some length back through the ceiling put new pendants on and bish bash bosh!
a bit harsh??...its outragous more like......no CPC so what??....class 2s on affected circuit/s and note it n all.........we see this all the time in these renteds we get called to...no CPC on lighting finals that is.......you just cant condemn it out of hand......if continuity`s good..OK..if poor...then find the offending joint.......if IRs good....then alls well.......just drop the class 1s.......

Status
Not open for further replies.

Official Sponsors

Electrician Talk

Please enable / Bitte aktiviere JavaScript!
Veuillez activer / Por favor activa el Javascript![ ? ]