Discuss Dangerous how to guide. in the Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

Reaction score
Check out this guy! I nearly fell off my chair when I watched it and just had to share it.

If this isn't an advert for dangerous work I don't know what is?!

WOW absolutely unbelievable it amazes me how this person thinks its a safe and good way of doing it. So many dangerous practices in the video and he is happy with it. This sure is a warning on D.I.Y videos on the internet of how many dodgy how to videos are out there.

Unfortunately plenty will see his vid, think it's ok and copy. But that's the Internet for you. Love to see his certificate ...

Details of departures, if any from BS7671 :
None. I think BS7671 still in library so all ok

Last edited:
What a Div, sounds like a right pillock, sorry a right dangerous pilock

Should be locked up by the lectric police

Unfortunately plenty will see his vid, think it's ok and copy. But that's the Internet for you. Love to see his certificate ...
Certificate you are joking mate, he's a chancer trying to make a quick buck a complete ----er of the 1st degree

The Dunning-Kruger effect might be at work. In a nutshell, the concept is that people with the least competence also have the least ability to judge their level of competence. A competent person might choose not to post a how-to video because he realises that there might be shortcomings in it despite his high skill level, but the incompetent has no such insight and posts the video despite his low skill level.

But hey, I learned a new thing: fuse........blocks. I never knew they were called that.

Dangerous how to guide. {filename} | ElectriciansForums.net

Enough Said.

Why do folks always look at the negatives in such people:yum:

Lets commend his good practice :coldsweat:
At one point in the video he said something along these lines " I always like to give them a tug to make sure they are secure"

...I think you lot are being less than seasonal,i have watched loads of instructional ,practical vids,from a gent in the USA,and i believe he went on to run it...;)

Reply to Dangerous how to guide. in the Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc

Electrical Forum

Welcome to the Electrical Forum at ElectriciansForums.net. The friendliest electrical forum online. General electrical questions and answers can be found in the electrical forum.
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock