Discuss Dangerous Installation in the Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

P

piz

Hello Again
On the same house where I have the boiler problem I pulled out the washing machine and found some wires an old socket without a face plate when I toutched this with volt stick to see if live (know we should use a v indicator) it went bang sparked blue flash etc but never tripped the fuse wire done this twice crazy or wot has to show the owner.
told the customer prob need new cu or at least rcd and earth upgrade from 6 to 10+ 16 to board
my question is why did the fuse not blow if these wires toutched the washing machine could have been fatal.
do I give a dangerous electrical certificate and reccomend new cu rcd etc
any help be g8

Hello Again
On the same house where I have the boiler problem I pulled out the washing machine and found some wires an old socket without a face plate when I toutched this with volt stick to see if live (know we should use a v indicator) it went bang sparked blue flash etc but never tripped the fuse wire done this twice crazy or wot has to show the owner.

If the earth path is pretty useless it may pass a high current for a while before blowing a fuse or popping a breaker
Take the advise by lister and isolate or make safe asap
Remember that you were the last spark on the job and making safe is the priority not dangerous notices
I smiled when I read the underlined bit on the quote
I imagined his reaction to your demonstration
Naughty though :)

Reply to Dangerous Installation in the Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc

Electrical Forum

Welcome to the Electrical Forum at ElectriciansForums.net. The friendliest electrical forum online. General electrical questions and answers can be found in the electrical forum.
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock