Discuss Dangerous Situations Report in the Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

I was looking through all the certificates on the napit site and noticed them..
Didn’t know they existed and thought they might be useful

Seem to be quite useful for me. Just looked through my cert software and I've issued 14 of them in the last 3.5 years.

Hi Charlie, they can be a useful tool. Like all certification is more about covering you're own back. A test cert of any description is like an insurance policy if filled out correctly.
If you have the need to fill out an Electrical Danger Notification you may also may need to isolate circuit ect. thus if the case an Electrical Isolation Certificate would be recommended to be attached especially if you are leaving the job.
Also useful if doing a first fix on an existing installation eg a kitchen refit where other trades / people are involved (who think they are electrically trained and switch on the eg socket circuit to put the kettle on and end up electrocuting someone).
I don't know of a certificate software that do one yet but I'm pushing for it. In the mean time I've produced a simple excel sheet which is set out similar to other well know certs. The basics follow similar to what I have filled out on some large site that I've worked on in the past.
Please find attached.

Attachments

• ISOLATION CERTIFICATE 2018blank2.pdf
    327.5 KB · Views: 56
get in touch with the local DNO call 105 you will only need post code and property name/number, explain situe, ie exposed conductive parts. They may say to get in touch with the meter operator, if you have info then ok, if you don't then push for them to sort, they normally come out within the hour. from experience most DNOs throughout the UK are pretty good at this now. Don't leave for the customer to sort as they don't normally from experience. It is part of your duty of care, to ensure left safe or dealt with. If it goes pear shaped, it will be you being dragged through the courts. You are the "competent person" not the customer!!

Its a void property, the owner is the council. Standard procedure for them.

Last time i called the DNO on something like this, they told me the meter wasnt anything to do with them and to call the energy supplier, which noone knew who they were at the time.

Hi Charlie, they can be a useful tool. Like all certification is more about covering you're own back. A test cert of any description is like an insurance policy if filled out correctly.
If you have the need to fill out an Electrical Danger Notification you may also may need to isolate circuit ect. thus if the case an Electrical Isolation Certificate would be recommended to be attached especially if you are leaving the job.
Also useful if doing a first fix on an existing installation eg a kitchen refit where other trades / people are involved (who think they are electrically trained and switch on the eg socket circuit to put the kettle on and end up electrocuting someone).
I don't know of a certificate software that do one yet but I'm pushing for it. In the mean time I've produced a simple excel sheet which is set out similar to other well know certs. The basics follow similar to what I have filled out on some large site that I've worked on in the past.
Please find attached.
www.hollycroftsoftware.co.uk do one. I have used Hollycroft for many years and are brilliant!

www.hollycroftsoftware.co.uk do one. I have used Hollycroft for many years and are brilliant!
Hi @Top Cat just had a quick check on hollycroft couldn't find a Electrical Isolation Certificate, though could find the Dangerous.
How do you find there calculators for cable sizes ect, been trying to find a sensible priced one for years. Cheers

Hi @Top Cat just had a quick check on hollycroft couldn't find a Electrical Isolation Certificate, though could find the Dangerous.
How do you find there calculators for cable sizes ect, been trying to find a sensible priced one for years. Cheers
Have only used it a few times but it seems really good. If you do get it go through it a few times practising as the first time I kept forgetting to put in some parameters!
Considering what you get in the package I think its really good value for money. The other thing is that it is a father and son business so one phone call or email and they usually get back to you within the hour.

Reply to Dangerous Situations Report in the Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc

Electrical Forum

Welcome to the Electrical Forum at ElectriciansForums.net. The friendliest electrical forum online. General electrical questions and answers can be found in the electrical forum.
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock