Discuss dashb in the The Welcome Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

D

dashb

Hi all.. Ive just joined the forum, been out the industry for a few years, and now getting back into it.. just finnishing my 17th edition course at college and still a bit rusty on some things.. anyway folks, ive got a ceiling rose where the voltage is 180 volts between line and neutral, between line and earth its 240 volts, im surmising thats theres a loose neutral in the lighting loop? can someone point me in the right direction! thanks folks

either loose or maybe a bit charred at a fitting. you are on the right track though. try R1+R2 for the radial, then Rn+R2. if the latter is a lot higher, it's definitely a neutral high resistance.

Reply to dashb in the The Welcome Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Similar Threads

Hi, I've got a light with a ceiling rose in the kitchen. While rectifying some faults in the house I came across to the light and measure Neutral...
Replies
Views
I may have posted this before but not sure if it made it in. I want to install an EV Charger in my garage. The panel is two stories up and the...
Replies
Views
In the UK, It is said that the neutral wire is connected to ground/earth wire along the way back to the substation. Ive inherited a setup where...
Replies
Views
Hope this all makes as much sense as i can make of it and my "problem" can get sorted via some guru on here... Just a quick background on myself...
Replies
Views
Hi, looking for some ideas on this. I went to an address on Tuesday following a storm where property has been struck by lightning. When the...
Replies
Views

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock