Discuss DB missing blanks code in the Industrial Electricians' Talk area at ElectriciansForums.net

Reaction score
just a quick one, having a debate onsite what code to give to this dB. We have a dB which is missing a few blanks from the cover, the dB is located within a electrical switch room which is locked and only access by singing and filling out a permit. Due to the room being locked and a permit required to gain access, some electrician have said it only a c3 due to locked room, and only skilled people can gain access. What your thoughts

Thanks

I would normally put that down as C1, but if it’s in a locked electrical room and the only people going in there are skilled personnel, then I would put it as a C2 and make a note that it is situated in a locked electrical room. C2 because ultimately live parts are still exposed, regardless of who’s entering the area.

C1 usualy, but as its behind lock and key with permit holder access only then C2 in my opinion is also acceptable.

I don't think anyone would argue with either of these as its down to your professinal judgement.

Personally I think i would only breifly consider coding it as a C3 if there was a lockable lid / flap on the DB.

C2 for me, but then bung in some blanks that I have rattling around in various tool boxes in the van and let the customer know.

Think guidance note 3 state that you have to notify the "duty holder" or customer immediately, in writing, if you come across a C1, so you usually end telling them verbally and end up fitting blanks while your there anyway.
I suppose if the customer is horrible or hasn't been very good at providing tea and biscuits then at by telling them first you can add the cost of a take away costa to the job.

just a quick one, having a debate onsite what code to give to this dB. We have a dB which is missing a few blanks from the cover, the dB is located within a electrical switch room which is locked and only access by singing and filling out a permit. Due to the room being locked and a permit required to gain access, some electrician have said it only a c3 due to locked room, and only skilled people can gain access. What your thoughts

Thanks
C1

Being perdantic - the OP says nothing about exposed live parts, simply blanks mising and in the absense of make and model of CU for all we know it could be a Crabtree with no exposed live parts...
OK but the IP is compromised is it not?

Reply to DB missing blanks code in the Industrial Electricians' Talk area at ElectriciansForums.net