Discuss de Havilland Mosquito - l would love to see and hear one of these overhead in the Electricians Chat - Off Topic Chat area at ElectriciansForums.net

It would, we are lucky where we live as we appear to be on a flight path the Lancaster takes when it is out and about in the summer. Had a B17 wing across our garden last year.

Fantastic aircraft, last one to fly here crashed at an air show in 1996 after attempting some aerobatics which affected fuel supply to the engines resulting in a stall.
There is one flying in New Zealand having been restored by a multi-millionaire private collector.
Let’s hope they get one flying again here!

Fantastic !
Just gave. This is on the wall at mine, a Mosquito MkIV :)

IMG_1143.JPG

beautiful aircraft. one of the first multi role fighter bombers to take to the skies.

I watched the last flight of the Vulcan 2015, fly over near us. Projected flight path showed it going right the spot I sat up on, unfortunately the pilot had other ideas :tearsofjoy:

Here's it Bournemouth 2014; not enough money in the world to able it to fly again;

DSC01587.JPG

Mosquito is still my favourite aircraft, so simple yet so effective for its time.

I watched the last flight of the Vulcan 2015, fly over near us. Projected flight path showed it going right the spot I sat up on, unfortunately the pilot had other ideas :tearsofjoy:

Here's it Bournemouth 2014; not enough money in the world to able it to fly again;

View attachment 43486

Cool,I was sat at the end of a runway at an airshow when it was taking off a few years back, have some archived photos and need to find them.

some time ago, 1982, we were in an uncle's caravan at Rhosneigor, Anglesey. directly under the flight path for RAF Valley. arounf 7.00am one morning the caravan started to shake and it sounded like prolonged thunder roll. jumping out the door, stark bollox naked, in tine to see the underside of a Vulcan taking off on full power, about 200 ft. above. by the time i'd grabbed camera, just managed to get a tail shot with the black smoke trail almost blotting the Vulcan out. think it was on it's way to support the Falklands effort.

BAE systems did consider giving one to the RAF battle of Britain memorial flight but it crashed at Barton airfield before it could be done. Would have looked and sounded brilliant in flight with the other warbirds.
As for the Vulcan mentioned above I gather the issue that meant it stopped flying was the cost of new engines would have run into several million even for used engines. It was not feasible. There has been talk that in the event some engines were to come on the market at a very good price - likely sourc would be the USAF getting rid of surplus engines as they literally stack the spares in the desert in arizona until they decide to use them or get rid. They would be snapped up and the vulcan may take to the skies again as its now in a well maintained condition with the fluids drained, so would not be too difficult to get back in the sky.
If any of you are ever in the USA and in Arizona head to the airplane boneyard Davis-Monthan AFB, Tucson, AZ, largest aircraft boneyard in the world, at the 309th AMARG facility, tours, location, maps, history, photographs and access - https://www.airplaneboneyards.com/davis-monthan-afb-amarg-airplane-boneyard.htm the Americans have more planes in storage or being broken up than most of the world combined! its well worth the visit.

Reply to de Havilland Mosquito - l would love to see and hear one of these overhead in the Electricians Chat - Off Topic Chat area at ElectriciansForums.net