Discuss Dead Diodes Kyocera KC60 in the Solar PV Forum | Solar Panels Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

R

redsdreads

Hi

New to the forum and this is my first post!

Noticed my panels weren't sending any voltage to my control unit so checked the back of the panels and on one of them, two double diodes were very corroded.

I would like to replace them, but being a bit of a novice, I do not want to go out and buy the wrong ones in case I damage anything.

The print on the diodes is this: RM3C and underneath that print: 25..

I have taken a photo of the label on the panel:

http://i48.tinypic.com/2zrdrwx.jpg

I look forward to hopefully getting some help with this.

:)

well out of warranty, I'm afraid. Hoping that by replacing the diodes I can check to see if the panel is fried. cheapest option....

Have a word with Sibert - Andy O'Leary, they make and supply the boxes etc that go on the back of the panels.

Remember they need to be able to resist a REVERSE current of up to 4 x the Short Circuit current (Isc) of the panel (4 x 3.73 = 15A) and rated up to 600V

Thanks for the advice, I have emailed them.

Thank you also for explaining the reverse current thingy :D

Am i right in thinking that it allows the current from the panels at (3.73A?) And reverse fout times that?

Sorry for my noobness

the diodes need to resist the 4 x reverse current. i.e not conduct in reversae. if you have a multimeter with diode check, you can test them. with red lead on the anode and black on the cathode, you should read 0.6V. reverse leads and you should not get a reading. this is with the diodes/s out of circuit.

Reply to Dead Diodes Kyocera KC60 in the Solar PV Forum | Solar Panels Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net