Discuss Dead testing modular bathrooms in the Periodic Inspection Reporting & Certification area at ElectriciansForums.net

C

chronyx

Hi all,

I have been asked to dead test only some modular bathrooms installed in a building. Each bathroom has a light, towel rail, shaver outlet, and extractor fan.

The supply cable to each circuit I have been told is not my concern so I am basically testing the switch lines and supplies to fan/shaver taken from the light switch.

I am going to link r1+r2 at the switch points and test as usual, also insulation resistance.

I am just wondering if an electrical installation certificate will be safe to issue as long as I am very specific with the limitations?

Also has anyone ever damaged a piece of equipment with L+N (joined) to E testing?

On the phone after a busy day so please excuse any errors or omissions, your advice will be greatly appreciated as always. 2391 or no 2391 it's a confusing way of doing things!!

I'd do your IR at 250V just to be on the safe side, and as you say be very specific with the Lim box. I once had to test some units that were going in to a shoppping centre mall coffee shop miles away, after a good deal of head scratching I came to the same conclusion you did. End user accepted my certs, everyone happy

Always seems wrong using an EIC for this sort of thing as you have not put them together, not conected them to a supply and can't fully test them as can't be disconnected but they don't make a cert for this so not alot of option other than only stating the tests you have made.
Have you not thought of making yourown certs up for it, then you can bespoke the testing.

Reply to Dead testing modular bathrooms in the Periodic Inspection Reporting & Certification area at ElectriciansForums.net