Discuss Debt notices in the Business Related area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

Reaction score
I received a letter notices from Robinson way collectors? I have some unpaid debts that I can't afford to settle I am worried that they will sue me.

Where can I get help?

Thanks in advance

I received a letter notices from Robinson way collectors? I have some unpaid debts that I can't afford to settle I am worried that they will sue me.

Where can I get help?

Thanks in advance
Go to a debt Management company they may be able to sort out a minimum payment plan, by consolidating all the debts into one and arranging a smaller one OFF payment plan. Worked quite well for a Friend of mine.

Look at stepchange website.
Input your details, money, debts etc & their online software will recommend you what option to take.
You can then take a copy of your outgoings & write to the company to offer a minimum payment. They will usually get you to update it yearly or if your finances change.

or reply to Robinsons with an offer of monthly payments that you can afford. ( keep the offer low. for every £1000 of debt, offer £10/month.that would clear debt in 2 years).

I doubt they will sue ya mate, what’s the point in suing someone that can’t pay, as per others contact debt management and company involved also try citizens advice I’m sure they could help and good luck

Are you sure these are “your” debts?
My wife got hounded by collecting agency’s for years. The original debtor sells the debt to a company and they just chase everyone they find with the same name until someone pays up.
Even a solicitor letter asking for proof of original debt didn’t stop it.

I recommend StepChange. They are a charity that do what a debt management company do but for free. If you call them and explain they will help you sort it out and you don't have to pay them unlike some companies that advertise on TV and the like.

Or you could just call into your local citizens advice, they do this stuff all the time, like bread and butter.
Take all the relevant paperwork and have a good knowledge of your income and outgoings or it will take repeat visits....

The most important thing is to communicate, do not be tempted to hide or do nothing, as that will make matters worse. Think of when the boot is on the other foot - if you have a customer owing you money, you are much more likely to co-operate if they communicate and show intention by making small regular payments that they can afford, as opposed to when you feel they are avoiding you.

Reply to Debt notices in the Business Related area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock