Discuss DECC reveals disappointing April installation figure in the Solar PV Forum | Solar Panels Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

I don't think DECC are likely to be dissapointed. This is exactly what they want so they can justify large scale solar investment by the big 6.

I guess it increases the chances of the FiT being reduced to the higher of the three options on 1st July. What's the betting June will be manic and July dead?

No more boom and bust, promised Mr Barker...

I've booked a few days away 1st week of July. I'm still struggling with D ratings. I just hope there's some relief for rural homes off the gas grid when the results of the consultation are published. Anyone know when that is?????

It would be good if investors in solar PV could hold out to make DECC look at their policy, however by consultation most will not have bread on their table, DECC have gone one step to far with EPC, this is in my opinion not down to installers or consumers this is down to the fact that EPC has not been made simple for either consumer and installer.

Those that want the benefit of solar are those that have high energy bills meaning EPC is probably low, DECC has not got a clue what the industry needs, by cutting the feed in tariff alone and introducing the aggragate clause meant that solar installs are feasible for some, EPC means very little for all.

I guess it increases the chances of the FiT being reduced to the higher of the three options on 1st July.

Which caused me to go and read the proposed rates under different scenarios (c/b/a; highest to lowest), which I believe are the following:

Up to 4kW: 16.5p/15.7p/13.6p
4-10kW: 13.2p/12.6p/10.9p
10-50kW: 11.9p/11.4p/9.9p
50-150kW: 10.1p/9.7p/7.7p
150-250kW: 10.1p/8.0p/5.8p
250-5000kW: 7.1p/6.8p/4.7p

Last edited by a moderator:
Birth of our second child due 30 June, we won't be naming him Greg... but at least I should have a fairly quiet period for paternity leave!

Reply to DECC reveals disappointing April installation figure in the Solar PV Forum | Solar Panels Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net