Discuss Defibrillator in a phone box in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Pip

-
Reaction score
Hi Guys,

My local parish council have got a new Defibrillator and have adopted the old phone box where they wish it to be fitted.

Anyone done this before and whats the best way to go about it.

Getting the correct tool to remove the panel in the phone box to get to the power is the first issue, and what will I find inside so I can make connection etc...

look forward to your input

I must be more tired than I thought I was and reading this wrong. I thought that Defibrillators are portable and you take them to the person... I just have this image of someone collapsing and then being dragged to the old phone box so you can use the defib...

Sounds like a strange place to leave a £1000 plus piece of portable gear. The batteries are good for about 4 years and do not require constant charging. My main concern would it being stolen.

need it there when you find out how much 118118 charge you for looking up a phone number.

I've seen these and usually theres a phone as well,you pick up the phone which connects to ambulance control,they give you a code to release the defib and dispatch an ambulance to the scene.

Doubt the OP will get much help here .... too many lame jokes and puns to get through ...can imagine ringing through to release the defibrillator and hearing.... we value your call but due to a high volume of heart problems today you have been put in a queue, we will make every attempt to answer your call as soon as possible.....:(

Edit ... Drops onto background music Bee Gee's - Staying Alive !!

Last edited:
Doubt the OP will get much help here .... too many lame jokes and puns to get through ...can imagine ringing through to release the defibrillator and hearing.... we value your call but due to a high volume of heart problems today you have been put in a queue, we will make every attempt to answer your call as soon as possible.....:(

Edit ... Drops onto background music Bee Gee's - Staying Alive !!
Apparently it's supposed to be some kind of priority line or at least thats what it said when the guy from the ambulance service was saying,it was on one of those weird programmes that not a lot of us seem to watch,very informative but on about 3 am.

Im guessing it's an AED because the general public would not know how to run a full defibrillator. In which case it will be self contained and unlikely to need anything connected to it, maybe a light above it and an alarm against people stealing it?

Reply to Defibrillator in a phone box in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net