Discuss Defibrillator Installation in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Reaction score
Hi,

Got a phone call today from a local WMC (no not a MWC), a Working Mens Club, amongst other things they want me to do, they said they want power to a defibrillator they have just got.

Just wondered if there were any special rules that I may need to stick to for one of these? Its not a special location, but a piece of medial equipment, but not solely to be used my trained people I guess, so don't really think I could get away with a non rcd radial to it, or would it just require a simple FCU, its not going to be drawing any current particularly as its only to charge it I would imagine.

I have flicked through the regs and cannot see anything obvious, so just wanted some views if any, on whether or not it would be advisable to stick on a non RCD way or not or if there's anything I should know before hand?

Any thoughts much appreciated thanks.

stick it on the same circuit as the bingo mike. buggers will soon call you if the circuit goes down.:lol:

Funny you should say that, it had crossed my mind, I think treat it like a smoke detector, hook it off a frequently used circuit. I cannot think of anything else really that would need to be considered.

As stated,it will only be to charge it and manufacturer of unit would be best asked for power requirement. As for positioning,in a working mens club,it wants to be near to the most popular area for ventricular malfunction. Somewhere in the triangle between the optics,the pork scratchings and the smoke machine.:35:

by the time the committee have called a meeting to produce a method statement and risk assessment, the poor bugger will be brown bread anyway.

Most places already have the means to give someone a shock without buying a fancy machine, on a serious note though, it's a good idea for them to have one, at least they have sense!

If they actually have the equipment, I'd check the installation instructions that it was supplied with in case there are any particular requirements or advice.

I would also like to know who is being instructed as to its use,you would'nt want to be drifting into unconciousness whilst Colin Crompton was waving those paddles about above you. Apologies for age specific reference based joke...

Hi, ok I went to ave a look today and it's got to go on the outside of the building for use by the general public.its a damn nice unit, it's in a yellow steel box bolted to the wall, and has a code lock on it, basically you call 999 and tell them the box number and they tell you the code to open it.

The power is to the box only, it's for a light inside and a small 40w heater to keep the ice off, the machine itself is battery powered and doesn't even charge at the box.

Reply to Defibrillator Installation in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net