Discuss Delta-Wye Transformers in the The Welcome Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

S

saspm

Hi Guys,

I'm looking for some information or diagrams on Delta-Wye transformers. Most diagrams that I have got, give me information for 3 lines to a Delta configuration then on the secondary side you get the Star configuration.

I am really happy with the above concept, I would like to understand the more rural setup where 2 lines are used on the Delta side and how this would react to the Star side, typically 11KV to 400V.

Any help would be much appreciated.

Thanks,

Good question, not sure, theoretically 11KV 2phase Pri secondary 230V 1 leg strapped to earth? I don't know this is just a guess

That's how it was explained to me buy the REC. As there is no neutral available on the H.V. side two phases are use to give phase to phase voltage on the primary side and 230v on the secondary side. Similar arrangements can be found in control panels where two of the three phases 400v are used to provide 110v for a control circuit.

Thanks for the reply. I understand the phase voltage between the 2 phases, that's fine.

Its more the wiring and how the 2 lines would be connected on the delta side and how they would relates to the star winding's on the secondary side.

I have attached the standard 3 line delta wiring for information.

Just realized that this is in the wrong location on the site, sorry! I'm not normally a poster just a watcher.

Thanks again!

View attachment 35757

View attachment 35758

There is no Delta or Star side on the type of transformer you are referring to in your original post. There are only two line or phase conductors going in, you need three to make either a delta or star. This type has a primary side with 11kv and a secondary side with either 230v or to add to the confusion 460v center tapped to provide two single phase supplies at 230v.

try this link. http://www.gohz.com/how-can-we-get-1-phase-240v-from-3-phase-11kv-transformer

Thanks. Just had a look at the transformer in the field and that makes more sense.

Reply to Delta-Wye Transformers in the The Welcome Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock