• Welcome to the new forum. We're now hosted on ElectriciansForums.net rather than ElectriciansForums.co.uk - Chat about the forum upgrade by CLICKING HERE

Welcome to our Electrical Forum - We started out providing electrical advice just for the UK - But now we have specific advice for the USA too! - Register for free and share American Electrical Advice.

Departure from bs7671

Discuss Departure from bs7671 in the Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
S

sparkymatt1987

Would cables not clipped causing them to sag be a departure from bs7671

S

sparkymatt1987

Ok thanks. I sometimes get lost with what is a departure from bs7671

S

sparkymatt1987

So am I right in sayin I shouldn't be putting anything in the 'details of departures from bs7671' when doing an electrical installation certificate for the addition of a new circuit as the certificate is covering the work I have done and what I have done does comply?

spinlondon

Forum Mentor
A departure is something that is intended by the designer, does not comply with the Regulations, but the designer attest will offer the same degree of safety as would be achieved by compliance with the Regulations.
For example:
If changing a CU where there is no CPC on the lighting circuit, the advice given in the ESC BPG is to install a 30mA RCD, use class II fittings andplace a warning at the CU.
Such would be a departure.
Anything else would either require rectification before the Certificate was issued, or a note in the section for comments on the existing installation.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Official Sponsors

Electrician Talk

Please enable / Bitte aktiviere JavaScript!
Veuillez activer / Por favor activa el Javascript![ ? ]