Discuss Departure from bs7671 in the Australia area at ElectriciansForums.net

So am I right in sayin I shouldn't be putting anything in the 'details of departures from bs7671' when doing an electrical installation certificate for the addition of a new circuit as the certificate is covering the work I have done and what I have done does comply?

A departure is something that is intended by the designer, does not comply with the Regulations, but the designer attest will offer the same degree of safety as would be achieved by compliance with the Regulations.
For example:
If changing a CU where there is no CPC on the lighting circuit, the advice given in the ESC BPG is to install a 30mA RCD, use class II fittings andplace a warning at the CU.
Such would be a departure.
Anything else would either require rectification before the Certificate was issued, or a note in the section for comments on the existing installation.

Last edited by a moderator:

Reply to Departure from bs7671 in the Australia area at ElectriciansForums.net

Similar Threads

Carrying out an EICR and came across a ring final circuit wired to the first of six metal clad sockets in 2.5mm 5 core SWA. Obviously 2 cores for...
Replies
Views
Hi, I have just had an EICR carried out and it has comeback with a few C2s. The only one I disagree with is the electrician raised as a C2 the...
Replies
Views
Hi, Main LVAC Board, Directly Fed from a Transformer. What do i put as an OCPD on my BS7671 Test sheet? Since I don't believe the Transformer has...
Replies
Views
Getting out of the game and want to get rid of these as i don't need them anymore. Paid £174 for the BS7671, OSG + GN3 bundle and £22 for the T&I...
Replies
Views
Hi, I'm sorting out an off grid installation and I've been provided with 25mm cable labelled "Hi=Flex 25mm CE made in EU" to connect the batteries...
Replies
Views

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock