Discuss Deposit refund in the Electrician Courses : Electrical Quals area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

S

sixstringzzz

Hi guys,

I put a deposit down a few months ago to start a course in June and have had a fair bit go wrong in my life since then. I've lost my job and a member of my family is really sick so I can't afford/ have the time to do the month long residential course.

I've contacted the training provider and they have told me that the deposit is non refundable and will move the course to another date later in the year. Thats all well and good but I really need that money now and can't see me being able to do the course until at the very least next summer...

Is there anything I can do? :confused:

check your contract, they training provider is almost certainly in the right (legally, but not neccessarily morally)

problem is, you have paid for a place on a training course, which they could have sold to someone else

if you were doing the EAL course for example, EAL charge the training provider a £200 registration fee! Which is non-refundable to the training provider

sorry mate, dont think you will get anywhere with this one

Yeah but I'm giving them 8 weeks notice? Surely they can resell the place before then?

I don't have a contract.. I haven't signed anything. All I have is a quote and I sent them a cheque!

Last edited by a moderator:
Yeah but I'm giving them 8 weeks notice? Surely they can resell the place before then?

I don't have a contract.. I haven't signed anything. All I have is a quote and I sent them a cheque!

ok, then try and be more specific about what sort of course you are signed up for

whether or not you signed them, the training provider will have T&C's assigned to their business

you should obtain a copy of these - and as i said, they will almosty certainly say the deposit is non-reundable

and by depost, i presume you have not payed the full course costs 'upfront'?

'cos you may get a 'double whammy' here - you have booked a place on a course, so dont be surprised if the T&C's say you still liable for the FULL course costs, even if you dont attend.....:eek:

and of course the training provider has made 'reasonable provision' because they have offered to delay your course at no further cost to yourself:rolleyes:

sorry!:eek:

Reply to Deposit refund in the Electrician Courses : Electrical Quals area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock