Discuss Design 2396 Project - 2016 in the Electrician Courses : Electrical Quals area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

Hello All
Currently attempting the 2023 2396 design course & the project is a small library also. Does C&G reuse their projects? From what i have been reading in this thread it seems like the same exact project, with the same type of roofing mentioned along with the single DB in the intake room. There is no requirement for lumen calculation, along with heating & ventialtion & fire alarm which is being done by other designers for the project.
Im currently getting ready for the test which is in December & seem to be scoring ok on the previous test papers ive managed to get from the training centre, but there is little to no extra help, now the course is over & absolutely zero help from the centre with the project. Not the best training centre to be honest & although my lecturer was decent enough bloke, there's been next to no help after the fact & this is causing me some concern.
If anyone has any tips or examples of previous projects, this would be really appreciated.
Cheers.

S.
Hi Speeka,

I'm currently working through this same project. How are you getting on with it? I'm on the calculations section at the moment.
I managed to pass my exam back in March and only just finding the time to work through the project.

Cheers,

Hi Speeka,

I'm currently working through this same project. How are you getting on with it? I'm on the calculations section at the moment.
I managed to pass my exam back in March and only just finding the time to work through the project.

Cheers,
Hello Mate,
I couldn't do the march test, had a bereavement the very same day. I haven't even started to be honest, I'm still studying for the written in December this year. But i have had a few glances, I'm considering having a separate DB located by the pillar near the lift which is more or less centrally located to the structure. Diversity & Max Demand are also a concern in the project. Upstairs lighting should be achievable with uni-strut etc. Sockets are located in pretty decent locations for radials, I'm thinking day light level sensors to control the light output, as the contents of the library itself will cause obstruction's for the natural light from the windows & PIR's for the areas like staff canteen & bathroom. Let us know your thoughts & stay in touch.

Cheers.
Speeka.

Hi Speeka,

Yes brings back of few memories. Not much support for the 2396 compared with the info available for say the 2391, or whatever it is called these days....

One book that I found useful is

Seems to be updated for the 18th edition now
Yeah i got that book already & it is very good, a much more detailed explanation of Max Demand & diversity with a couple of examples too. I managed to get hold of a project (not the Library) from a colleague at work who did this back in the 90's.
Its a restaurant & the tasks are completely different than mine such as lighting level & Air supply factored in, but its a decent baseline to see what C&G require for a pass & how it must be presented. Would love to get my hands on a previous project of the library tho.

Ta
S

Hello Mate,
I couldn't do the march test, had a bereavement the very same day. I haven't even started to be honest, I'm still studying for the written in December this year. But i have had a few glances, I'm considering having a separate DB located by the pillar near the lift which is more or less centrally located to the structure. Diversity & Max Demand are also a concern in the project. Upstairs lighting should be achievable with uni-strut etc. Sockets are located in pretty decent locations for radials, I'm thinking day light level sensors to control the light output, as the contents of the library itself will cause obstruction's for the natural light from the windows & PIR's for the areas like staff canteen & bathroom. Let us know your thoughts & stay in touch.

Cheers.
Speeka.
Hi mate,
Plenty of practice for the written and you should be good to go!
I'm working through the diversity section now and topping up info on other areas. I've used steel trunking / conduit for the lot to keep it simple. I've kept DBs in the Service Intake area and volt drop is close for some of the far radials on the downstairs so good idea putting one by the lift. Day light level sensors and occupancy sensors for the lighting for me too. I've kept switches in the stores and staff area, was told to try and include as many different types of switching as possible for the design. I'm hoping to be complete before December, just a bit of back tracking if I don't keep up the momentum on the project if you know what I mean!

Cheers.

Hi mate,
Plenty of practice for the written and you should be good to go!
I'm working through the diversity section now and topping up info on other areas. I've used steel trunking / conduit for the lot to keep it simple. I've kept DBs in the Service Intake area and volt drop is close for some of the far radials on the downstairs so good idea putting one by the lift. Day light level sensors and occupancy sensors for the lighting for me too. I've kept switches in the stores and staff area, was told to try and include as many different types of switching as possible for the design. I'm hoping to be complete before December, just a bit of back tracking if I don't keep up the momentum on the project if you know what I mean!

Cheers.
Helo Oli
i would also consider some occupancy sensors for the stores & staff area, as energy conservation is emphasised in requirements.
I couldn't take the test in December so I'm scheduled to take it in march 24. My course provider "Optima" has been really cool about rebooking to help me out as it was a last minute problem that came up. I would say that I'm about 80% ready for the test & i have just been reading as many relevant books as possible, as much as possible. I'm confident ill pass the test.
Have you handed your project in yet? Do you 1st have it inspected by the course provider before its handed in?

cheers
S.

Reply to Design 2396 Project - 2016 in the Electrician Courses : Electrical Quals area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock