Discuss design for multiple occupancies in the Australia area at ElectriciansForums.net

flip73

-
Reaction score
i looked at a job friday,the basic layout is full refit,on grd floor 2 small shops,above these 6 small flats one side(student digs room for bed and onsuite)which are being installed by others.12-14 onthe other to the rear of these is basically a court yard with a ground level L shape building with another 12 rooms.
basically i know how to install ,and design(to some degree) but the builder has not yet contacted e-on about the mains.Currently the are two supplies in 2 seperate basements.
i just wondered if any one had any knowledge of how to best set this up because all the rooms need to be metered seperately.
do eon normally set up that amount of separate meters or would i be best to request larger mains to building and set up a new distribution network with ct's at the main dbs for landlord.
im bound to forget something when looking at this job,or theres probably some regulation or other i dont know about in relation to multiple occupancies.so i just thought id post and see if any one had any pointers.
cheers

In my experience on sub contract jobs for others its always been a case of sub-mains to each flat metered seperately and a meter for the landlords corridors / outside lights etc, on one job we even had to install d/pole isolaters in locked cupboards on each floor so the tennants couldn,t plug things in the corridors and run extension leads to there flats. We also installed F/Alarm system with panel near main entrance.

Reply to design for multiple occupancies in the Australia area at ElectriciansForums.net