Discuss Dewalt 18v kits........................................... in the Electrical Tools and Products area at ElectriciansForums.net

Gavin John Hyde

-
Esteemed
Arms
Patron
Reaction score
Was going to order a large dewalt kit before christmas but it was out of stock, just come across this set on screwfix and surprisingly well priced for the 3 tools plus torch, 3x 4ah batteries and charger. so ordered it instead as i need some new ones.
https://www.NoLinkingToThis/p/dewal...-piece-power-tool-kit/4296h?_requestid=595420

had a google and couldnt find it cheaper elsewhere so if you are vat registered and looking for a good value kit then this at £375.00 ex Vat / 449 inc Vat is a bargain.

The flexvolt battery is backwards compatible. So runs at 2.0ah, 3.0ah and 12.0ah as flexvolt 54v batteries.

Then 6.0, 9.0 and 12.0ah as 18v batteries, I have 4x 2.0/6ah flexvolt batteries and 2x 18v 5ah and 2x 4ah batteries but no flexvolt tools, YET lol

The 18v doesn’t like chasing much, I’m gonna have to leave mine in for chuck seals soon lol

It looks like a more low end Dewalt range. Probably a done for Screwfix/Kingfisher special hence why you couldn't find it cheaper elsewhere.

Personally I'd have spent a little bit more and went with brushless tools.

It looks like a more low end Dewalt range. Probably a done for Screwfix/Kingfisher special hence why you couldn't find it cheaper elsewhere.

Personally I'd have spent a little bit more and went with brushless tools.
Did consider that before buying, its end of line sale. Closest i came to online was about £70 more. i spend my days doing domestic still got a good selection of mains powered tools for heavy duty stuff. Have a titan mains sds and that thing chases excellent. Am in need of a cordless sds for drilling through walls and light chasing. Nothing too demanding. Got some jobs coming up with no onsite power.

not keen on dewalt, perhaps because i don't like yellow stuff. that means no fluke MFT, i even repainted my hilmor bender. and i won'tbe using a JCB to demolish premises if i don't get paid on time.

When I started all my kit was DeWalt...old DeWalt; The DC9*** series that I had used solidly for decade and restored my first homes before it went on the van. It's all well past retirement and the NiCad batteries are a pain so... Much as I love the yeller'n'black I'm trying out a bit of brushless red'n'blue.

https://www.NoLinkingToThis/p/erbau...i-ion-ext-brushless-cordless-multi-tool/169fv

Too early to say if it's any good. the case is solid. The tool feels fine and, if it shapes up I'll add the rest of the set. If it dies, it has a 2 year warranty and I'm back to DeWalt or Makita. Anyone else tried 'em?

I bought the 54v sds on a deal early last year - where I got another 54v battery - the drill came with 2, so 3 batteries. I can use them in all my dewalt 18v tools. Great bit of kit.

The only thing missing is the little catch that held a spare bit, they appear to have dropped this from new designs which is a shame because I'm always looking for the damn bit I took out...

Reply to Dewalt 18v kits........................................... in the Electrical Tools and Products area at ElectriciansForums.net