Discuss DeWalt combi + pair of 4Ah batts... but it's 14.4v... in the Electrical Tools and Products area at ElectriciansForums.net

DNS1

-
Esteemed
Reaction score
Hi chaps,

I'm in the market for a new combi. Been getting buy on a Bosch green for quite a while (which has been great to be fair!) but thinking of upgrading.

Just seen Screwfix advertising a DeWalt with A PAIR of 4Ah batts for £180 which seems like a bargain. Was about to buy when I realised it's a 14.4v model...

I was looking for an 18v drill as that's what I've always had, but would I really notice the difference if I got the DeWalt?

ITS London are selling this 18v 4.0Ah XR Li-ion 2 Speed 2 Piece Pack £323 inclusive of VAT. I have just bought the Makita LXT 18000 got it from ITS and they price matched Axminster.

Hahahaha Tel, no Axminster are a tool company on t'internet, reasonable prices too.

- - - Updated - - -

Hahahaha Tel, no Axminster are a tool company on t'internet, reasonable prices too.

Yes Shanky it was, did a bit of research on the web and Powertoolsuk.co.uk were the cheapest I could find at £308.40 inc, but I like to buy from local supplier, good service etc. I don't have any connections with ITS.

Yes Shanky it was, did a bit of research on the web and Powertoolsuk.co.uk were the cheapest I could find at £308.40 inc, but I like to buy from local supplier, good service etc. I don't have any connections with ITS.

im the same, i won't buy power tools online again not after ive had an sds die on me, got free replacement as it was a factory defect (gear selector fell off inc oil and bits of gearbox)

will always buy in brick and mortar store even if its more expensive.

I was looking for an 18v drill as that's what I've always had, but would I really notice the difference if I got the DeWalt?

Yes you will find a difference. I've got the DeWalt 14,4. Its good for up to 20mm flat head drilling through soft-medium joists but any more and you will need a bit more power. Great as a driver, get the DeWalt Pz2 bits, never let you down.

Go for the 18v, its just better.

That's what the guy in the shop told me as well Paul but he didn't have any Dewalt bits in stock at the time, so another trip to the shop and will probably come out with more than I went in for.....

Hope you're keeping well by the way.

I'm keeping well Dipzy thanks for asking. I've just been really really busy over the past few months.

My wholesalers sell the Pz2 bits for a bit over a fiver, I also use Tower 8, 1 1/2 screws and I've never rounded a head yet. Drill a 5mm hole, use a 6mm red plug and put a 8mm screw in it. You could hang a pedophile from any fitting lol.

Reply to DeWalt combi + pair of 4Ah batts... but it's 14.4v... in the Electrical Tools and Products area at ElectriciansForums.net