Discuss Dewalt Sds Problem on selecting mode in the Electrical Tools and Products area at ElectriciansForums.net

Baker1988

-
Arms
Reaction score
Wondering if any one knows what could be wrong with my sds.
I have a dewalt dch273 battery sds drill that i got from my brother a few months ago as he went from dewalt to hilti tools and i havnt used it much but today i went to use it and the selector switch wont seem to change it to any other modes it was on the standard drill function and turned the switch to the hammer drill function but makes no difference so turned it to the chisel function and still no difference just seems to still be on the standard spinnong drill function.

There is no obvious damage i can see and its in pretty good condition, the switch seems fine and is turning to select different modes like it should do but its not changing modes. Any one had this before? Or know if i can fix this my self or if it needs to be taken in to some where.

Not familiar with this model , but does it have to be in contact with the work to hammer ?
This could be it, Dewalt needs a bit of pressure to get the hammer going. If not the selector is probably buggered, they can be stripped and spares are available on the net.

Thanks for the replys, the switch feels like it is working fine cant tell anything wrong with it, and yes i am aware that it has to have a bit of force applied to it to use the hammer and i have tried ot but nothing, even when i turn it to just chisel mode which is suppose to stop it from rotating and just hammer it doesnt it still spins just like it does on every other mode i select.

My brother said it is still under Warrenty and will try and find the recipt for it so can get it fixed, only problem woth this is my closest dewalt service center is in Lincoln and im in hull.

Reply to Dewalt Sds Problem on selecting mode in the Electrical Tools and Products area at ElectriciansForums.net

Similar Threads

I have a baffling problem with a newly-installed PIR floodlight and I'd like advice from the forum as to whether it's defective (and should be...
Replies
Views
My kitchen has track lighting. It consists of three halogen light bulbs. I've had the fixture for more than 25 years with no issues. Last night...
Replies
Views
Hi, I would love some help understanding an issue I’m having on a 16mm SWA cable running from the CU in my house to the CU in the shed. I believe...
Replies
Views
Hi, So I'm trying to understand what's going on with my off-peak electricity supply, as something's wrong with it and I'm trying to determine if...
Replies
Views
Hi, We’re having problems with our Bosch serie 6 washer/dryer. It’s about 6 years old. The model number is WVG30461GB/03. It has begun to stop...
Replies
Views

Electricians Tools | Electrical Tools and Products

Thanks for visiting ElectriciansForums.net, we hope you find the Electricians Tools you're looking for. It's free to sign up to and post a question yourself to find a tool or tool supplier either local to you, or online. Our community of electricians and electrical engineers will do their best to find the best tool supplier for you.

We also have a Tiling Tools advice from the worlds largest Tiling community. And then the Plumbers Forums with Plumbers Tools Advice.

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock