Discuss dewalt xr range in the Electrical Tools and Products area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

G

Guest154

just upgraded all my cordless tools to the dewalt 18v xr range , got to say they are great tools i was using bosch professional 18v li but find the dewalt xr better , anyone else had these tools for a while or had any problems

Thinking of doing the same thing to be honest

I currently use Dewalt and always have done, problem being now is that all the batterys are shared combi hammer/impact gun/torch/hoover/saw/jigsaw/grinder

So for me to upgrade id have to go the whole hog

Out of interest did you get the 3.0aH batterys or the brand spanking 4.0aH ones?

i bought the combi drill , sds , jigsaw, rip saw, recip saw , impact gun , 2 3ah batteries and 2 1.5 , that was b4 they brought out the 4.0 ah battery , a reckon i will buy 1 as they are ment to last a 3rd longer , so far they have been great tools

Well ive done it now

Flogged all my existing gear on gumtree and went the same day

bought the combi hammer/led torch/impact gun and circ saw along with 3 x 4.0ah batterys and charger, also came in a toughsystem box worth £65, so flogged that too, all in all was £509 quid all in, sold my existing gear for £300 and the toughsystem box for £40 as it was uneeded, so ended up shelling out £169 for brand new gear with 3 year warrenty

anyone thinking of doing it... do it

I've had the combination 18v dcd985 (all metal gear box, metal chuck) and the 18v impact, also got the 18v led torch. Had them a year and love them. I'm only on the 3ah but 4 batteries between them and they last me all day. Looking at getting the 18v SDS very soon.

Theve gone down hill in my opinion...The 18v drills are pants, good when there working but not very reliable...

Last 3 dewalts ive had problems with the torque selector sticking, sticking in hammer mode, batteries dieing....last one I was supplied with had to go straight back to them for repairs...but just keep getting supplied with new drill or new batteries or drill or batteries etc etc...

They do get some stick though...

Except buy it from toolstation for £220 rather than from that link for £340. I have this drill and love it to bits, although its not always as beefy through brick as I would like. The heavy duty one can be had for only £20 more though.
http://www.ffx.co.uk/tools/product/Hd18Pd%2032%2018V%20Hammer%20Drill%202%20X%203.0Ah%20Batteries%204002395235513%204933410025

Theve gone down hill in my opinion...The 18v drills are pants, good when there working but not very reliable...

Last 3 dewalts ive had problems with the torque selector sticking, sticking in hammer mode, batteries dieing....last one I was supplied with had to go straight back to them for repairs...but just keep getting supplied with new drill or new batteries or drill or batteries etc etc...

They do get some stick though...
Brightspark2 - is it the lithium 18V XR range you have had problems with?

Been using an 18V XRP for about 5 years with no problems apart from 1 battery (out of 3) failing, same batts fit my torch, fluro, grinder & jigsaw so less weight to carry around.

Except buy it from toolstation for £220 rather than from that link for £340. I have this drill and love it to bits, although its not always as beefy through brick as I would like. The heavy duty one can be had for only £20 more though.
Hd18Pd 32 18V Hammer Drill 2 X 3.0Ah Batteries 4002395235513 4933410025

I just found any old link to find the drill. £220 is a great price... for the exact same drill? Definitely going to suggest my company procures that for "work" use for me....

Yeah its the same drill. 2 batts charger and case. Was actually £199 inc vat when I got mine. Have now got the circular saw body and looking at the sds too. Great kit to use.

Reply to dewalt xr range in the Electrical Tools and Products area at ElectriciansForums.net

Electricians Tools | Electrical Tools and Products

Thanks for visiting ElectriciansForums.net, we hope you find the Electricians Tools you're looking for. It's free to sign up to and post a question yourself to find a tool or tool supplier either local to you, or online. Our community of electricians and electrical engineers will do their best to find the best tool supplier for you.

We also have a Tiling Tools advice from the worlds largest Tiling community. And then the Plumbers Forums with Plumbers Tools Advice.

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock